Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention - What size do I need?

(6 Posts)
heavenscent86 Tue 11-Apr-17 08:09:20

I measure 28 inches under the bust and 35 inches around the fullest part of the bust while bending over. Am I right in thinking this is a 28f?

Rumtopf Tue 11-Apr-17 08:41:30

Sounds like it to me, I'd start with that size (although it might be v hard to find).

user1490817136 Tue 11-Apr-17 10:41:02

28f/30e whatever is most comfortable. John Lewis carry those sizes or you could go mail order. Curvy Kate and panache bras come in great styles in low back/high cup sizes.

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 11-Apr-17 11:19:56

I'm struggling with this - I wear M&S 38E/36F without any problems. Did the intervention and I came out 38 under bust and 50 ( yes my boobs are very floppy!) whilst bending which makes me a 38GG at best.

Now from the many many times I have taken umpteen bras of different sizes into the changing room, the most comfortable and supportive size for me is 38E/36F. If I bought a 38HH I'd just be rattling around in there!

Surely firmness of breast tissue also matters? How is this allowed for with the Intervention?

heavenscent86 Tue 11-Apr-17 15:46:12

Ooh thanks. I'll have a look at curvy Kate and panache. My favourite style is freya deco so it will be interesting to see how other brands fit.

Lady, I'm afraid I don't know how firmness of breast tissue is accounted for with the intervention but hopefully somebody will come along who knows more about it. Perhaps thwre is a particular style of bra that will work well for you.

user1490817136 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:26:07

Lady - I'd be tempted to try on some balconette bras if I were you. They tend to keep everything in the right place , and also make sure the underwire is in the centre of your armpit - if you know what I mean! Make sure you're fully 'in' your cups too , as it makes a massive difference to fit in my experience.

I'm no expert BTW , I've just tried on a lot of bras and wore the wrong size myself for years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now