Talk

Advanced search

Open pores

(9 Posts)
Chimichangaz Mon 10-Apr-17 22:50:31

I have large open pores on my nose (the tip of it) which I try to disguise with urban decay pore stuff before foundation. It used to do the job but they seem to be getting worse.

I have combination skin and have recently started with the Body Shop Oils of life after I got suckered in by a sales assistant. I don't use the actual oil in the day, I use a serum after cleansing but I'm wondering if this is what's made my nose worse? The oil I mean.

Yika Mon 10-Apr-17 22:53:10

I'd recommend using a clay mask regularly (once or twice a week). Can be a really cheap one. The clay tightens and refines the pores.

Cant comment on the oils of life..

AlfaMummy Mon 10-Apr-17 23:16:54

You need Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA. And drop the oil.

donadumaurier Tue 11-Apr-17 09:21:33

The body shop skincare range has never worked for me. I would ditch the oil and invest in a good cleanser and some glycerin and rosewater instead- £2 ish in boots and awesome for pores.

nickpic Tue 11-Apr-17 10:05:35

I have exactly the same problem on my chin. Not sure if its just a hazard of ageing? So interesting to see what replies you get. Ive bought the nip and fab products from superdrug it has helped abit

happypoobum Tue 11-Apr-17 10:54:27

I use Benefit Porefessional and it works a treat.

Chimichangaz Wed 12-Apr-17 19:34:02

Thanks all!

Have bought a clay mask and stopped using oil on my face - just neck and hands (and boy do they need it!)

Might give the rosewater and glycerin a try too.

Will save me a bit of money not having to buy the Body Shop stuff again...

SquidgeyMidgey Wed 12-Apr-17 20:18:45

Another vote for porefessional, the proper one not the matte rescue one.

Chimichangaz Wed 12-Apr-17 21:18:35

Ooh yes, I remember now. I had a trial size of the Benefit and it was fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now