Talk

Advanced search

Greasy hair after head lice treatment

(8 Posts)
staveleymum Mon 10-Apr-17 19:31:00

My DD had nits so I have used a treatment on her (and myself - ugh) which I hope has killed the blighters.

We are both now left with hair that looks like its been dipped in the deep fat drier (I shampoo'd our hair 4 times with Head n Shoulders).

Any tips for removing the remaining treatment and restoring our hair to its natural state?

kingscrossnoodle Mon 10-Apr-17 19:33:32

Stop washing it as all you are doing is stimulating the oils in your scalp

PencilsInSpace Mon 10-Apr-17 19:38:33

Ecover washing up liquid. It's very gentle but shifts grease very well. It's the only 'shampoo' I've used in the last 20 years and I get compliments on how shiny my hair is.

1nsanityscatching Mon 10-Apr-17 19:39:23

This is brilliant for getting rid of the Hedrin greasy look.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 10-Apr-17 19:41:17

You did put the shampoo on first, work it through and then rinse off the shampoo?

If you try and just shampoo your hair like normal it won't work.

CrowyMcCrowFace Mon 10-Apr-17 19:48:45

Yes, if you wet your hair, the Silicon in the louse annihilator will just repel it AND the shampoo.

Pour a substantial quantity of cheap shampoo straight on to dry hair, rub through well, rinse, give it another dollop of shampoo, rinse again.

Still takes a couple of washes over successive days to get all the gunk out though.

hmcAsWas Mon 10-Apr-17 19:49:44

You'll just have to persevere I am afraid, and rewash tomorrow morning

staveleymum Mon 10-Apr-17 20:20:48

I've had to put a towel over DD's pillow for tonight.

I'll try 'dry' hair shampoo in the morning.

Thanks for the tips (at least we are off school at the moment so no school runs with this hair)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now