Talk

Advanced search

Best fake tanner - gradual and instant for fair to almost blue skin?

(20 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 10-Apr-17 19:02:33

Just that. I liked St tropez in shower but quite expensive for the amount of use you get from a tube and you've got to keep in top of it.

Anything good for very very fair skin with some red in it (particularly legs) and not too deep. I just want a bit of a glow and to cover the blotchy skin I get on my legs. Not too deep at all. More a case of making my own skin look a bit better and warmer than a drastic change.
Any ideas?

hrfvenia Mon 10-Apr-17 19:04:49

I'm currently waiting for the st moritz gradual tanner to develop.

I adore the normal tan and it covers wonderfully, I think better than st tropez but that may be because I'm a bit more liberal as I don't feel like I'm using £20 notes to tan myself.

Best bet is just to keep trying, another good one is cocoa brown but they are quite dark.

PencilsInSpace Mon 10-Apr-17 19:13:16

I've got skin like yours and having researched a bit have bought Dove Summer Glow because it got good reviews and was very cheap grin.

Apparently you can't get it in shops any more because Dove have brought out a new gradual tanner that's posher but not so good.

I haven't tried it yet and it'll probably be a week or so before I get round to it because I need to mow my legs first and it'll be the first cut of the spring, but I'm happy to report back if you're still looking by then.

A1Sharon Mon 10-Apr-17 19:43:39

Garnier Summer Sun, I think that's what its called! In a yellow/orangy bottle. You can get it anywhere.
None smelly, its a tinted moisturiser. No streaks etc. Just put on as you would a body moisturiser and gives a lovely glow.
I've been using it for years, fake tans are too harsh and fake looking for my milk white skin!

A1Sharon Mon 10-Apr-17 19:44:29

This [[ www.superdrug.com/Garnier/Garnier-Skin-Naturals-Summer-Body-250ml/p/247812?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PX%20-%20GSC%20-%20Brand&utm_term=4583795256859111&utm_content=Superdrug-UK-XX-XX-Eng-SE-PLA-Google%20Shopping%20ad%20group&gclid=CKHHktrFmtMCFcGJGwodzNwOuA&gclsrc=ds one]].

Sciurus83 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:47:18

I just replied to another thread with the same advice. ...Xen tan! It's got olive base so doesn't come out orange at all. Vita liberata is also very nice. Both on the more expensive end but IMO worth it, the cheaper gradual tans wear badly and it's obvious on those with a blue tinge!

lilacmamacat Mon 10-Apr-17 20:40:32

Currently trying Asda After Sun Tan Enhancer stuff on my blotchy white legs. Seems to do the trick. Better than most fake tans I've tried and found too strong/orange.

lilacmamacat Mon 10-Apr-17 20:43:02

Also about half the price of 'proper' fake tan.

Shelvesoutofbooks Mon 10-Apr-17 20:44:30

Poundland or savers tend to have this tanner called "fake don't bake". It's amazing and it's a £1. Medium depth. I'm a regular fake tanner and I used all sorts of products, and this is what I use when I just want a light tan.

GlassSeahorse Mon 10-Apr-17 20:45:30

My dad always said that i could find work haunting houses I'm that pale. Last year i discovered Palmer's Cocoa Butter gradual tanner and it's brilliant. Really natural, doesn't streak and smells decent.

Home Bargains had it recently so I stocked up. Now I just need to not be so lazy and apply it.

Mummybear8 Mon 10-Apr-17 20:53:31

Vita Liberata. It lasts a long time for the price and I have used it loads of times and never once had a single streak, but I do always use a mitt. Also fades perfectly and doesn't blotch or go patchy. I think it's worth every penny because it looks so natural.

God I sound like I'm trying to sell it, I don't work for them I swear!

FiveShelties Mon 10-Apr-17 22:12:13

Do any of these not stain the towels please?

Ponyboycurtis Mon 10-Apr-17 22:14:01

Just posted on another thread and I agree with GlassSeahorse, palmers makes my pale freckly skin look 'healthy'.

keeponkeepinon Tue 11-Apr-17 06:56:02

OK great I might give the palmers one a try. Which one is it, there were two vottles that look almost identical in superdrug!

pinkmagic1 Tue 11-Apr-17 07:02:17

I 2nd the Dove summer glow in light to medium. It is the only one that doesn't make me orange or streaky. I find the Palmers one too dark.

Anchovies12 Tue 11-Apr-17 07:06:28

For a gradual tan I use the Ambre Solaire After Sun Tan Maintainer It has hardly any smell and turns a natural tan colour. I used it on holiday without realising it had fake tan in it and came home really brown - was very confused! Its very moisturising rather than thin like the "normal" gradual tanners.

For a full on tan another vote for Xen Tan.

Ponyboycurtis Tue 11-Apr-17 09:34:59

Sorry for late reply, I will try to attach a pic but if unsuccessful it's 'natural bronze' in a cream coloured bottle.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 11-Apr-17 09:39:58

Almost every single one mentioned on this thread have streaked on me grin/sad

keeponkeepinon Tue 11-Apr-17 10:00:37

I just found some unopened dove at the back of the drawer! Bonus! Hope it's not spoiled. I probably got it on an offer last year and forgot about it, I had some ambre solaire but never used it regularly enough. I want to find my holy grail gradual so I can use it a couple of times a week year round.

A1Sharon Tue 11-Apr-17 10:07:24

Oh I love Palmers and didn't realise they did a gradual tan product. Must give it a go too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now