Talk

Advanced search

Edward Enniful new editor of Vogue

(10 Posts)
Floisme Mon 10-Apr-17 15:53:59

Does anyone know anything about him?
www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/apr/10/british-vogue-appoints-edward-enninful-as-new-editor

I'd pretty much given up on Vogue and all fashion magasines so I can understand wanting to shake things up but I'm a bit hmm that they couldn't think of any female 'outsider candidates'.

Still I'll definitely stick around to see what he does.

Floisme Mon 10-Apr-17 15:56:16

Enninful blush blush blush blush blush

ApplePaltrow21 Mon 10-Apr-17 17:11:13

alexander shulman was such a boring lazy editor. just glad it's not another nepotism candidate

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Mon 10-Apr-17 17:11:42

I'd never heard of him either and I must admit my first thought was shame they couldn't find a female editor for this iconic women's magazine. Oh well, at least it wasn't George Osbourne.

Floisme Mon 10-Apr-17 17:19:07

grin at George Osborne.

I agree about the nepotism though. I'd got so bored with starting one of their articles and finding out the person they were interviewing had been to school with the journalist.

Nettletheelf Mon 10-Apr-17 17:32:23

Samantha Cameron's sister will be as sick as a parrot.

Niminy Mon 10-Apr-17 17:33:16

'landmark status in recent cultural history', eh?

I is very ignorant, clearly.

Floisme Mon 10-Apr-17 17:41:41

Hmm...I know Emily Sheffield is supposed to be the rebel in the family and that it's very, very, very wrong to judge a woman by her brother in law ... but I'm still struggling to feel as much sympathy as I probably should.

megletthesecond Mon 10-Apr-17 17:49:34

IIRC he's briefly in The September Issue, very sweet but was probably a newbie then. So he's been working at a high level for a decade.

I assumed Plum Sykes or Sarah Harrison would get it. Rather looking forward to seeing what he does.

Niminy Mon 10-Apr-17 18:29:21

Clearly i am much more ignorant than I thought blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now