Talk

Advanced search

Hair treatments for dry hair?

(10 Posts)
crazypenguinlady Mon 10-Apr-17 12:02:58

My hair has always been in great condition. However, since having DS 6 weeks ago, it seems to have become very dry and brittle. I can barely get a comb through it sometimes. Not sure if it's hormone related (skin has also gone rather dry). I changed over to Faith in Nature shampoo/conditioner a few months ago. I tend to wash it every other day and condition a couple of times a week.

Are there any treatments I could use to help it? I prefer to use cruelty free products.

crazypenguinlady Mon 10-Apr-17 16:45:12

Anyone?

elephantcuddles Mon 10-Apr-17 16:46:58

Try coconut oil. You can warm it a little on the stove first (don't microwave) to make it go liquid. You can leave on for an hour or overnight. I've read that it's the only oil that repairs the hair from within. You shampoo it out as normal the next day.

Try an Aveda hair masque. They're cruelty free. Dry Remedy is a good one.

Zoe1983 Mon 10-Apr-17 16:48:17

Following too as 15 weeks post-baby my hair is like straw sad

elephantcuddles Mon 10-Apr-17 16:55:51

And avoid sodium lauryl sulfate.

user1491816554 Mon 10-Apr-17 17:22:32

I had my baby 5 weeks ago and my hair has gone dry also I have been using hair burst shampoo and conditioner (available on the Internet). Treatment wise I would recommend system professional hydrate treatment or their luxe oil treatment it's expensive but defiantly worth it for your hair. You could also use an oil after you have washed your hair it will help nourish and protect ur hair against any heat or can leave it to dry naturally. Hope this helps!.smile

user1491816554 Mon 10-Apr-17 17:24:21

Sorry forgot to say hair burst is sulphate free not sure about cruelty free. Kevin Murphy products are peta approved products also all their packaging is eco friendly

aniceearlynight Mon 10-Apr-17 20:03:38

Mini hair mask by Davines (ethical brand, don't think they animal test but not sure) or coconut oil on ends only before bed and shampoo'd out next morning.

WhooooAmI24601 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:38:45

Olaplex is great; check online for a hairdresser near to you who stocks it. And for home Philip Kingsley's Elasticiser is great. Leave it on overnight, though.

Kerastase Ciment Anti-Usure and Ciment Thermique are brilliant for dry hair, too. Mine's not hair any more in it's natural state; it's fluff. Those two sort it right out.

phoolani Mon 10-Apr-17 23:33:40

Whack a load of loreal extraordinary oil on it. That stuff's magic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now