Talk

Advanced search

Help for a total beginner

(6 Posts)
QueenieGoldstein Mon 10-Apr-17 11:20:47

Hi I was hoping to get some help with make up.

I've suffered with eczema since birth and as such have never learnt how to apply makeup as I've not been able to use foundation etc.

My skin has recently improved after I've found a cream that has made my eczema really manageable and as such at the grand old age of 35 I need some help in how to apply foundation etc!

I've looked on YouTube but am lost in a sea of tutorials and don't really know where to start. Has anyone got any good links for an absolute beginner to apply light, everyday make up?

I've found the makeup I need for my skin type/tone I just need a guide on how to apply it so I don't look like a complete fool!

user1491774393 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:21:38

Wayne Goss is a very good place to start his tutorials are straight to the point and he is lovely. Also application is dependant on the formulation I find that eldw works best if I use a brush or my fingers but my urban decay foundation has a better finish when used with a beauty blender. Make up is easy, it's one of my biggest passions. The best way to build skills is to keep trying. Good luck.

QueenieGoldstein Mon 10-Apr-17 12:35:55

Thanks for the tip, will check out his tutorials.

HeyMacWey Mon 10-Apr-17 12:37:48

Try Lisa Eldridge for YouTube tutorials. She had lots of lovely every day looks.

Enjoy trying it all out grin

BusterGonad Mon 10-Apr-17 13:12:53

If I were you I'd stick to a dewy base, maybe primer, then a CC cream. I use Clinique CC and it is soft and moisturizing and doesn't cling to dry bits. I also love Lisa Eldridge.

QueenieGoldstein Mon 10-Apr-17 20:31:47

I've gone for a serum foundation as that is the most hydrating apparently, plus oil to add in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now