Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find a dress for my daughter's Christening?

(13 Posts)
LilyWasThere Sun 09-Apr-17 20:37:07

I've looked everywhere feels like it anyway and I can't find anything I like.

The Christening is at the beginning of June and I'd like a 'frock'. I'm 5ft 4in and a good size 14 - short legs and horrid arms.

Any ideas?

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 20:40:45

A few more pointers would be handy but I bet people can find you some lovely things!

What sort of colours do you like? Is pattern ok? Do you need to be able to feed in it? Have you got shoes / bag you'd like to use? What sort of budget are you looking at? Can you describe your general style or the sort of look / feel you're after?

CaulkheadNorth Sun 09-Apr-17 20:42:10

Where do you want to cover (I hate my arms so like dresses with a bit of a sleeve). What's your budget?

LilyWasThere Sun 09-Apr-17 20:53:04

Ummmm......ok.....more details coming up!

I'm better with bold colours / patterns than anything too fussy / delicate. I'd like to cover my arms and dresses that finish mid calf / below my knee work best.

Daughter will be 18months so need to be able to move but not feed.

If I can find a dress I can do shoes afterwards & have some plenty already that I could probably make work.

Budget - £100 but could stretch a little further if it was a humdinger of a dress!

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 20:57:10

this is a good shape but maybe too dark? Or indeed maybe too bright!

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 20:58:05

x post. forgot to refresh! not far off brief though.

SpottyBoy Sun 09-Apr-17 20:58:11

This any good?

Or perhaps this? Nice ruching, comes in other colours.

Wish there was someone modelling this as could be good but can't tell.

I love Damsel in a Dress stuff. This has a couple of good reviews. There are other dresses in this line which you might like. Hope you find something!

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 21:13:47

Love this. Is probaly too bold and too pricey though

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 21:20:11

this is rather plain yet utterly lovely.

LilyWasThere Sun 09-Apr-17 21:30:25

These are great ideas - thank you!

MrsL - I love the first one but can't follow the link to the other two? Any chance you could re try?

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 21:33:47

Sorry!

# 2 was this and # 3 this.

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 21:35:56

this is an amazing dress, very flattering. Comes in several colours but no prints.

Iprefersainsburies Sun 09-Apr-17 21:56:40

I was hoping this was a thread about what your DC was wearing! My DD is getting christened at the end of April.

I purchased a nice dress from Cath Kidston. The dresses are quite flattering. I am a size 8/10 but my stomach is still ruined after pregnancy so not in the best of shape to be honest!

I am yet to get DDs but have seen some nice dresses in Monsoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now