Talk

Advanced search

No-show socks that are actually no-show in shoes?

(19 Posts)
dotandstripe Sun 09-Apr-17 18:55:38

In the past week I've bought 3 multipacks of these from M&S, Tesco and H&M, all promising to be no-show in trainers but all actually come up so high to the ankle bone that they are very visible in all my trainers, plimsolls, Converse etc. angry

I have a couple of old pairs from Converse and H&M that are perfect - they have just enough sock to reach the top of the foot but low sides so that you barely see them. Where can I find some more like that this year? I don't want those super low cut ones either that are designed for ballet flats because often the tongue part of the shoe rubs against the top of my feet.

Are my feet strange or are they designing them really badly? Did no one try them on in the design phase and realise they are not no-show at all?

Maplessglobe Sun 09-Apr-17 19:34:03

Tk Maxx always have the converse no shows. I was recommended them on here and they're v good but I find slip off my feet a bit. I tend to go for the 'made for chucks' that do show a bit now.

AllFurCoatNoKnockers Sun 09-Apr-17 19:42:42

Got some from Primark and Matalan this week.
They're doing OK so far, I think I paid about £3 for 3 pairs. I wear the "dainty" Converse which are really low and they are hidden in those so would recommend.

seefeld Sun 09-Apr-17 19:48:27

I've posted about these before but I found some Esprit trainer liners that do the job: Esprit

I wear mine with Stan Smiths and they're totally hidden.

Cheesymonster Sun 09-Apr-17 20:46:00

Watching with interest. I bought a three pack from Aldi which are fantastic but of course they haven't had them back in.

FritzyMousey Sun 09-Apr-17 20:52:22

Primark, but unfortunately the cotton ones slip around a bit, the other synthetic ones are great and stay in place but completely hidden

LockedOutOfMN Sun 09-Apr-17 20:57:29

Hema

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sun 09-Apr-17 21:01:13

Primark do some that are with the sports clothing rather than the socks and they are really good and don't slip off. They are synthetic and a sort of stretchy mesh, they have black or white 5 packs.

Cookies77 Sun 09-Apr-17 21:03:36

Another vote for primark!

outputgap Sun 09-Apr-17 21:14:13

Got some from John Lewis that don't look like they'll stay on but do.

simmonsbythesea Mon 10-Apr-17 09:23:58

GAP.

M&S should be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act ;) their version comes so high on the ankle you'd need to wear boots for them to be no show.

Dulcimena Mon 10-Apr-17 09:29:36

Pringle at tk maxx.

flibflob Mon 10-Apr-17 09:35:25

Another vote for Primark Sport ones!

TheTurnOfTheScrew Mon 10-Apr-17 09:37:50

yy to Primark
You want the ones that are less like socks, more like hairnets for feet.

TootsyBella84 Mon 10-Apr-17 09:51:49

I've ordered some cheap ones from Amazon last week. I shall update when they arrive!

Hoppinggreen Mon 10-Apr-17 09:54:40

Converse ones from TK Max

Theycalledmethewildrose Mon 10-Apr-17 11:10:40

How do you all keep them on your feet? I bought three different types to wear with brogues and they all slip around.

AuldAlliance Mon 10-Apr-17 11:31:26

these are good

sanitygirl Mon 10-Apr-17 11:40:19

I got some from H&M (the ones with silicone heel grips) that are excellent and don't show on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now