Talk

Advanced search

Need advice - what to take up north this week!

(11 Posts)
northerngirl71 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:29:43

I'm having five nights up north seeing friends and fam - taking one medium squashy suitcase with wheels with DD - she takes such a small amount but what will I need ? Boiling where I am now but looks like temp dipping !
Hate this in between weather for travelling ...

SealSong Sun 09-Apr-17 18:33:18

It's not the north pole. Just check the weather forecast for wherever you're staying , and pack accordingly.

dailystuck71 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:37:15

How far up north? Londoners call Birmingham up north. Are you Manchester or Scotland? It's been quite cold today in Scotland. Heating is on here in Perthshire.

CountFosco Sun 09-Apr-17 18:43:55

Going to Shetland? Dress for winter.

Going to the North of England? Take a jacket and shoes that cover your toes.

JDSTER Sun 09-Apr-17 19:13:00

It been lovely weather here in Newcastle all weekend I'll have you know grin

leccybill Sun 09-Apr-17 19:14:38

It was a bit jacket-on-jacket-off weather in Merseyside today. I did manage to sunburn my nose though.

northerngirl71 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:18:33

Thanks ! going to north east coast Scarborough area. Am from up there so know it can be hot but so changeable at the mo - just after inspiration really ! Changeable down here too ..

Borntorunfast Sun 09-Apr-17 19:23:05

Check the weather forecast, it's more reliable and than asking MN!! Fwiw it's been boiling in Manchester today but, like the rest of the country, it's due to be cold this coming week.

GeorgeTheHamster Sun 09-Apr-17 19:43:06

"Boiling in Manchester" my arse.

Sunny and warmish. No more than that.

JustSpeakSense Sun 09-Apr-17 19:47:33

Chilly evenings and sunny days.

Layers.

Not warm enough for sandals yet.

But cardis off and short sleeves on a sunny afternoon.

Borntorunfast Mon 10-Apr-17 18:41:23

George, dunno where in mcr you were, mate, but we got sunburnt in our back garden. So, er, yes it was, grumpy chops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now