Talk

Advanced search

Espadrilles yay or nay?

(18 Posts)
WeeM Sun 09-Apr-17 18:08:21

Thoughts on espadrilles? Flat ones I'm thinking. Are they comfy in summer? Could you do a fair bit of walking about in them? What ones are best?

LockedOutOfMN Sun 09-Apr-17 18:09:46

I think they're super uncomfortable...they feel like actually walking on a rope to me, so hard. But I can't speak for everyone as I see loads of people wearing them.

Batghee Sun 09-Apr-17 18:16:57

i find them really comfy! I have some wedges as well and they are great, i cant usually walk in any heel at all but i can walk in them!
I think it depends on your feet.
Maybe buy some cheap ones and see how you get on wearing them for a day before you commit to buying more expensive ones?
You can get a pair in primark for a few quid. They dont last more than a couple of days tho.

Batghee Sun 09-Apr-17 18:18:09

sorry to be clear: the primark espadrilles wont last you more than a couple of days... more expensive ones would last longer but not as long as normal shoes i tend to find.

Bluntness100 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:23:10

They don't last long , aren't very supportive , look cheap and they are a bit eighties to be honest. Much better options out there.

Marmalade85 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:31:24

I worked with someone who spent £350 on Chanel espadrilles confused

HemanOrSheRa Sun 09-Apr-17 18:35:40

I prefer Toms for that sort of style. Very comfortable with a cushioned insole and a bit of support. You can chuck them in the washing machine too.

WeeM Sun 09-Apr-17 19:17:12

£350 on espadrilles?!?! Yeah I wondered about the walking on rope thing. I didn't used to like toms but theyve grown on me and I've seen a pair I like so maybe they would be better. Didn't realise you could wash them which is v handy.

Marmalade85 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:23:34

Yes £350 and another colleague bought some but she got the wrong size so the first colleague bought hers off her for another £350!

WeeM Sun 09-Apr-17 19:38:14

And I was thinking the toms were quite pricey for that type of shoe...hmm

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sun 09-Apr-17 19:41:41

I love my toms I wore them all summer last year and they still look great. I wore them today and remembered how much I love wearing them, they are so comfortable!

Nyancat Sun 09-Apr-17 19:45:05

I just bought my first pair of toms and am in love with them. They are so comfortable!

happypoobum Sun 09-Apr-17 19:50:33

Espadrilles?

Fine with just the stitching, hideous with the ribbons.

missmartha Fri 02-Jun-17 20:33:01

Agree about the ribbons. Plain espadrilles are fine for walking about in the sun. Keep it simple. I like them myself, but I can understand if people find them hard. They do sort of bed in after a while.

Don't wear them in the rain or get the soles wet cos the rope sort of explodes.

Toms obviously don't, but regular ones do. They go all fluffy.

IJustLostTheGame Sat 03-Jun-17 12:11:42

I find the sizing on toms awful. One size painfully small and the next size up fall off my foot too big. I don't think they do size 7 though. It's a 6.5 or a 7.5.
I love espadrilles. I get the slip on ones though, I can't be faffing with ribbons. Also they all seem too high. I'd really like some not flat but not too high ones and I can't find any anywhere.
They do stretch really quickly.
I get three pairs from primark every year and they just about last the summer.

CrispyBathTowel Sat 03-Jun-17 12:44:18

I find flat ones with a thin sole not that comfy for walking a fair distance in and they probably wouldn't last very long. I have these from TK Maxx with a thicker sole and they are like walking on air.

I also like the look of these

www.espadrille.co.uk/low-comfy-ankle-tie-espadrille-wedges-cream-538

BigGreenOlives Sat 03-Jun-17 12:47:12

I recently borrowed my dd's silver Zara espadrilles & had to take them off and walk barefoot on the pavement in London, they were that uncomfortable. I was late for an appointment so couldn't dash back home.

ImperialBlether Sat 03-Jun-17 12:49:56

I've got these from John Lewis, £49 - they're the most comfortable shoes I've had in a long time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now