Talk

Advanced search

Anybody dye their own eyebrows at home?

(38 Posts)
Mulberryholic Sun 09-Apr-17 15:50:31

What do you use? I have mine done at a salon but they need doing every 2-3 weeks as they fade quickly. I only go once a month and have to live with the fade for 2 weeks each month but would love to do them myself so I can do them more often. Plus its £25 a time at the salon.

So please tell me, what do you use and how tricky is it?

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sun 09-Apr-17 15:54:20

i've done mine at home and have had them done by a beautician

tbh mine are slightly better when i do them

i just use a kit from boots - kit lasts for ages.bit fiddly though.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 09-Apr-17 15:58:03

Not tricky. Just smear round the outside with vaseline, and kind of lift the hair as you colour it, unless you are going for the more full on HD look.

MyHairNeedsASnip Sun 09-Apr-17 15:59:37

I do mine. It's a kit from amazon and you mix a bit of dye and some drops of something else into a little pot and then paint it on, wait 5 mins then wash it off. It's ace.

MyHairNeedsASnip Sun 09-Apr-17 16:01:02

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00DJG93YG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21 it was this one

Anchovies12 Sun 09-Apr-17 16:01:22

I've used the eyelure kit loads. I just plonked it on like two big thick caterpillars then take it off to the right shape using cotton buds. I leave it on for longer than the recommended 5 minutes too so it lasts longer.

Bumptoburp Sun 09-Apr-17 16:01:48

I use this and it could not be easier. One kit Is enough for several applications, so less than a pound a time!

RawPotatoes Sun 09-Apr-17 16:13:56

It's really easy, and I agree with the pp who said better results can be achieved at home than in the salon.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 09-Apr-17 16:20:05

I use nice n easy root touch up and use weighing scales to mix up the little amount I need.
I use dark blonde on mine (which is really a light brown) and it suits my couloring. Much better than using standard brow dye which has very limited colours

Gingernaut Sun 09-Apr-17 16:22:59

Can't beat Eylure

Boots, Superdrug, Amazon etc. etc.

Gingernaut Sun 09-Apr-17 16:24:02

Caution. Eylure have a very odd website.....hmm

Gallavich Sun 09-Apr-17 16:26:18

I use some I bought on amazon. Cost about £8 I think and lasts for dozens of applications. Super easy and quick.

peaceout Sun 09-Apr-17 16:30:40

yes, just use normal hair dye, no need for a kit, or for scales, just use roughly equal amounts of tint and developer

I use an old cleaned mascara brush to apply

Smallangryplanet Sun 09-Apr-17 16:41:31

Every month on my blonde brows and lashes. I use Eyelure or 30 Day kit with a mascara wand a kind lady from Chanel gave me. Never had it done at a salon.

I use blue/black or brown.

NomDePlumeReloaded Sun 09-Apr-17 16:53:16

Yes. I use refectocil dyes & developers. Brilliant stuff. Tonnes better than the useless stuff you buy from Boots.

NomDePlumeReloaded Sun 09-Apr-17 16:58:21

I use light brown in the refectocil dyes, as I have fair hair. Anything darker would be a bit Robbie Rotten (pic for those unfamiliar with LazyTown). I apply with an old cream eyeliner brush, literally paint it on. I don't find I get enough control or coverage with a mascara wand. Any dye that gets on the skin under the brows is easily removed with an acid pad and/or cleansing oil.

picklemepopcorn Sun 09-Apr-17 18:20:04

I use the eyelash kit where you add cream to peroxide. Leave on for about 10 mins. I had a thread on here asking for help when I accidentally left it on too long and ended up with the Robbie Rotten look!

I work it into my hair, using an old lip brush. The tip about using cotton buds to remove the excess is good!

It last me about a month to six weeks.

Happydappy99 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:24:21

I use just for men beard and moustache dye. It costs about £5 and one box lasts me ages.

Mulberryholic Sun 09-Apr-17 20:40:07

Brilliant, thank you all. I think I will get one of the ones you use. Can't believe how cheap it is compared to going to a salon. Just hope I dont make a huge mess of it!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 09-Apr-17 20:51:58

Primark sell packs of disposable mascara wand thingies if anyone is looking.

Hellofromme Sun 09-Apr-17 20:52:30

I bought one in boots that you use on eyelashes as well and it was really rubbish. Barely any effect at all.

RandomDent Sun 09-Apr-17 20:54:40

Just for Men beard and moustache. Seriously the best I have ever used. Only leave on for a minute though.

bimbobaggins Sun 09-Apr-17 21:52:27

I use the salon services own brand professional beauty systems. It's the type a lot of salons use and very easy to use. The tip is to build up the colour. Apply and wipe off almighty immediately and repeat until you achieved the colour you like rather than apply and leave on for 10mins or so.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Mon 10-Apr-17 00:07:49

I use Eyelure too. Eyebrow dyeing is pretty foolproof tbh, far easier than trying to dye your eyelashes which always ends up making my eyes stream.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Mon 10-Apr-17 00:09:55

And it takes all of 7 mins from taking the kit out of the bathroom cabinet, dyeing my brows and putting it back again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now