Talk

Advanced search

My ageing neck! Make it stop!

(45 Posts)
MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Sun 09-Apr-17 14:53:23

Perhaps this has been covered many times. It's my neck. It's AGEING. It's CREPEY. In the past year it seems to have gone downhill rapidly - and I'm a mere spring chicken of 47 (and a half) shock This is unfair and I would like to officially complain hmm

I moisturise it like there's no tomorrow and use sunscreen.

My question is: what, if anything has worked for you in the neck department? Is there any product that has helped (I know it's par for the course with getting older - not looking for a miracle). In particular - can you let me know if you've tried any retinol products?

Thanks in advance!

skincarejunkie Sun 09-Apr-17 14:55:21

Yes the Gatineau neck stuff. It's great. The best I've used. Frustrating, isn't it? Damned necks. X

neveradullmoment99 Sun 09-Apr-17 14:56:40

I am suffering the same. Sad thing is, my face looks quite good considering I am 49 but with repeated weight loss due to late pregnancies [ one at 39, 40 and 43] Its totally hammered my neck. I am currently using retinol in the hope that it improves over time. I have tried loads of things and nothing much helps except nivea blue pot as it is a heavy moisturiser. I would also love to hear of any suggestions.

MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Sun 09-Apr-17 15:00:01

Thank you, skincarejunkie, I shall have a look at Gatineau stuff.

I should have mentioned that I don't care how much it costs, I'm willing to sell my house, my soul, etc, if it improves my neck. Shallow, yes grin

MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Sun 09-Apr-17 15:02:30

neveradullmoment - I'm like you with the heavy duty moisturiser. In my case it's Astral. I virtually bathe my neck in it every night. Can't hurt, can it?

I've just ordered some retinol and will give it a go.

oliviaoatcake Sun 09-Apr-17 16:14:30

Thermage is supposed to be good but it's dependent on the person weilding the machine. Get it wrong and it all goes to shit. The only long term solution is a neck lift and if you want top results, a facelift too.

MrsStinkey Sun 09-Apr-17 16:26:56

Temple spa exalt neck gel. You'll never look back!

skincarejunkie Sun 09-Apr-17 16:33:12

It's Firming Throat Gel. Sorry, rushed the last post. X

MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Sun 09-Apr-17 18:36:09

Thermage....sounds interesting. I shall be researching all these. Not sure about the face lift as well (though some may say I could benefit from one...)

dailystuck71 Mon 10-Apr-17 08:53:01

Boots no7 apparently have a new one coming out this week. I use a decleor one at the moment.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Mon 10-Apr-17 08:59:19

Daily Mail link but here's more info about the new Boots one

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4396382/amp/Is-cream-solution-wrinkly-neck.html

awishes Mon 10-Apr-17 09:02:33

I have this too mid fifties BUT mine comes and goes! I'm assuming it's a hormone issue? Does anyone else get this?

MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Mon 10-Apr-17 11:16:21

awishes - not heard of the crepeyness coming and going. Mine definitely isn't going anywhere....

slug Mon 10-Apr-17 12:44:42

awishes. mine comes and goes as well, though it does seem linked to weight fluctuations.

awishes Tue 11-Apr-17 21:44:19

Slug glad I'm not the only one!

neveradullmoment99 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:48:08

Well mine does look worse and then better but i always thought it was in certain light? or it could be dehydration?

Hellofromme Tue 11-Apr-17 22:06:38

I find the only thing that helps is to keep my hair long. I used to have short bobbed hair but it accentuates my neck these days. Long hair disguises it smile.

wizzywig Tue 11-Apr-17 22:08:06

Is crepey the same as the lines that go round your neck? Am i getting old? Shit!

SwedishEdith Tue 11-Apr-17 22:22:41

A scarf. A scarf combined with your hair is even better.

ArseyTussle Tue 11-Apr-17 22:30:19

No wizzy, a crepey neck has vertical lines. Mine is very depressing, it's like a concertina made of skin and fat.

angelcakerocks Wed 12-Apr-17 11:01:49

You could read the Nora Ephron book 'I feel bad about my neck' It won't actually solve the problem but it's a great book and will give you a laugh wink grin

MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Thu 13-Apr-17 14:24:21

angelcakerocks - I've read that book - very funny grin

Has anyone tried exercises for the neck. I've heard differing opinions on them. Some people say they are invaluable for supporting the neck and others that the constant movement causes the skin to thin further.

It's a bloody minefield.....

Aridane Thu 13-Apr-17 14:29:48

something semi surgical? I heard someting about the Nefertiti neck treatment. Haven't read up about it as it's my face that needs all the help it can get, neck is OK

jumpinghoops Thu 13-Apr-17 14:32:20

OP, I got this neck cream in a set last week and I won't use it, it's unopened. Seems to get good reviews, if you'd like it I'll send it to you for free- PM me your address if so.

mugglebumthesecond Thu 13-Apr-17 14:37:56

Scarves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now