Talk

Advanced search

The ultimate black jersey maxi dress

(15 Posts)
Facefactsnow Sat 08-Apr-17 23:34:34

Hi,

I am looking for a black jersey maxi dress. My last few have been from New Look, cheap but very flattering...

There seems to be nothing online, I need it not to cling so more a line/empire line...

Am I too early? Is it the wrong time to shop? When do the summer maxi dresses come in?

Thanks

chloechloe Sun 09-Apr-17 09:58:16

Boden have loads if you search their website for Maxi dress. I have this one which skims rather than clings:

m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses/day-dresses/wh984/womens-jersey-maxi-dress

Facefactsnow Sun 09-Apr-17 17:27:05

Thanks @chloechloe I like that one

Glossolalia Sun 09-Apr-17 17:30:01

£90 for a dress that's mostly viscose? shock that's some mark up! (And I love Boden)

If you are happy with viscose, I think you will be able to get one in H&M, Next or ASOS significantly cheaper.

itsacatastrophe Sun 09-Apr-17 17:32:03

Boohoo have loads of maxi dresses. Have you looked there?

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Sun 09-Apr-17 17:45:26

Chloe- I've been pondering that one. Is it true to size?,

feesh Sun 09-Apr-17 17:59:12

I have an earlier version of this Me + Em one and it's the most singularly flattering and easy to wear item in my wardrobe. I live in the Middle East, so I wear it a LOT. www.meandem.com/intelligent-fit-drape-front-dress

isittimetogotobed Sun 09-Apr-17 18:01:59

I've had a couple from h and h that are cheap as chips and very flattering

WeeM Sun 09-Apr-17 18:06:51

I love the Boden maxi dresses-hang lovely, don't crease, flattering, comfy and the straps mean you can wear a normal bra (I hate strapless bras in summer!).

chloechloe Sun 09-Apr-17 21:39:22

artemesia I generally size down in Boden dresses so I expect mine is an 8 whereas I'm actually a 10. Will have to dig it out the back of the wardrobe to check!

I agree 90 is too much but I only ever buy Boden with at least 20% off.

I'm very tempted by the Me & Em dress but am BFing so really can't justify it! Looks lovely though!

Glossolalia Sun 09-Apr-17 22:16:51

chloe I'm just shocked at Boden! I would have thought a dress like that would have been £60-£75 (max) and I'd then get it with 20% off grin

Glossolalia Sun 09-Apr-17 22:17:22

I love Me+Em, beautiful clothes

Algebraic Sun 09-Apr-17 22:19:41

ASOS have loads.

Beketaten Mon 10-Apr-17 00:07:43

Have you looked at Uniqlo? They have lots of maxi dresses, with or without sleeves www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/women/tops/dresses I find their sizing generous.

Facefactsnow Wed 12-Apr-17 12:14:26

I found the boo hoo ones didn't look like they would cover the lumps and bumps. The Biden one is my favourite but I may hang fire in case I'm a little early in the season

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now