Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for shower gel

(37 Posts)
PrincessWatermelon Sat 08-Apr-17 21:36:02

I like having a 'special' shower gel to use every now and then, to use when I light a candle and do a face mask, etc. Have been using a freebie Clarins one that did the job, but am almost out. Any suggestions on an indulgent shower gel? For reference, I asked my DH to get one and he came back with the one in the pic 😂. Thanks.

Cakescakescakes Sat 08-Apr-17 21:38:51

I pick up a Korres one from M&S every so often. Lots of lovely ones. Or the Rituals shower gels are lovely too. I like the Happy Buddha (??) one. Think that's the name. Really zingy and fresh.

bibbitybobbityyhat Sat 08-Apr-17 21:43:24

I love your dh's interpretation of indulgent!

My all time favourite shower gel (which is not super indulgent, but not everyday either) is Crabtree & Evelyn jojoba. It just has the most beautiful unique scent and is non-drying. I think it's about £12-£13. Always have some at Christmas and birthdays.

BellyDancer124 Sat 08-Apr-17 21:44:02

Rituals! Happy Buddha shower foam or the Sakura shower foam.. they are so amazing! grin

squoosh Sat 08-Apr-17 21:44:47

The L'Occitane almond one is nice

BellyDancer124 Sat 08-Apr-17 21:45:26

Hahaha at what your DH brought back.. mine would do the same hmm

Truckingalong Sat 08-Apr-17 21:46:00

Korres do lovely ones. I just bought the new Soaper Duper range from the Bliss/Soap n Glory founders too. Really like them so far. Not too dear, smell gorgeous and available in Tesco!

NapQueen Sat 08-Apr-17 21:46:04

Templetree body wash from Molton Brown. I shower in the morning, walk the 40 mins to work and back, 8 hr shift. Can still smell it on myself that evening. Probs means its full if crap but I love the scent and it lathers really nice.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 08-Apr-17 21:51:57

I was thinking the same as I finished off some Waitrose (Sea Kelp and something) a cheapie substitute for Korrres (IMO)

I love the Basil and Mandarin Waitrose one too

L'Occitane Almond is my Go-To pamper one.

Rituals - love the Sakura one smile

BestIsWest Sat 08-Apr-17 21:53:30

I'm addicted to Neal's Yard Rosemary and Elderflower.

Shamoffour Sat 08-Apr-17 21:55:30

Another vote for l'occitane almond from me.

PrincessWatermelon Sat 08-Apr-17 22:16:45

I have no idea what my DH was thinking! His justification was that it had a pump, so thought it'd be easy to use 🙄

Rituals Happy Buddha is only £5.95 on Amazon Prime, so I'll get that to start with. Will make a note of all other recommendations and be sure to have a sniffing session next time I'm in a department store. Really helps to have an idea where to start!

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 08-Apr-17 22:25:53

I love L'Occitaine Almond Shower Oil

bingohandjob Sat 08-Apr-17 22:29:27

These are lovely www.soaperduper.com/our-products/

mummymummums Sat 08-Apr-17 22:37:52

Molton Brown orange and bergamot is lovely. As is the pear and honey one.
L'Occitane almond or L'Arlesienne (fragrance stays with you all day)

Gah81 Sat 08-Apr-17 22:54:17

Molton Brown pepper one (meant for men, I think) smells wonderfully spicy.

WellTidy Sat 08-Apr-17 22:59:10

Any of the Rituals foaming shower gels. They last ages and are really good value.

Korres fig.

Occitane almond.

Roger et something or other, sold in m and s.

pieceofpurplesky Sat 08-Apr-17 23:14:19

Simple and cheap taste.
Vanilla and Cherry Foamburst by Imperial Leather. Cheap, smells fabulous and does that gel to foam magic thing!! Have used many expensive ones but this beats 'em all

CantChoose Sun 09-Apr-17 00:05:43

Another vote for the m&s korres ones. They're lovely and often but one get one half price.

PossibiliTea Sun 09-Apr-17 00:08:06

I love that rituals one just bought the set from cheshire oaks the other week!

bionicant Sun 09-Apr-17 00:11:46

holland and barrett dr organic brands are nice, esp the the argan oil x

witchmountain Sun 09-Apr-17 00:24:43

There's a Nuxe one called fondant shower gel I think. I got it as part of a gift set. I hate receiving gift sets and usually give them away but I ended up using this because I was travelling and it was the right size. It was lovely!

JackandBump Sun 09-Apr-17 01:56:12

Sanctuary 2 day moisture shower oil is lovely, similar to l'occitaine almond..

BeaLola Sun 09-Apr-17 03:05:32

Korres Fig

REN rose one

Jo Malone pomegranate noir

Crabtree and Evelyn Island Life

Deathraystare Sun 09-Apr-17 16:23:51

Neal yard one with Rose and geranium in it. Scents the whole room!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now