Talk

Advanced search

Microdermabrasion Help

(14 Posts)
nickpic Sat 08-Apr-17 20:30:15

Has anyone had Microdermabrasion? My skin has gone terrible not spotty, just pores on my face, so just wondering if this would help.

EatsLeavesAndShit Sat 08-Apr-17 21:54:38

I've had microdermabrasion, it does make your skin kind of glowy but it's not a magic fix, just a nice 'occasional' thing.

Have you looked at the Fantastic Skincare thread? They recommend lots of different lotions and potions depending on your skin issue. I'm currently using some Korean brands that clear blackheads and reduce pores. It's something you have to stick with for a few months to see results, but it's worth it.

WhamBamThankyouGeorge Sat 08-Apr-17 21:56:42

Yes and it didn't achieve much except possibly chloasma (or that could have been rubbish suncream)

AwkwardSquad Sun 09-Apr-17 06:38:59

Yes, and my skin reacted by over-producing oil even more than usual. Plus the therapist concentrated too much on a couple of blemishes, leading to scabbing. She was trying to sort them out but went too far.

nickpic Sun 09-Apr-17 10:45:31

Ok thanks everyone. Maybe i should give it a miss then.
ill look at the thread, im not sure if its the pores or just really uneven skin.
Its getting me so down, it looks awful even with make up on 😢

Softkitty2 Sun 09-Apr-17 14:56:52

Microdermabrasion does work but you have to go to a dermatologist, it has to be medical grade.

I had a peel first and then followed up with microdermabrasion. It was great. I think it works best if its in conjunction with something else.

nickpic Sun 09-Apr-17 20:20:21

Sorry to be silly, where can i find the skincare thread?

DianaT1969 Sun 09-Apr-17 20:27:24

Had it a few years ago. Mine was very painful and I saw no benefit. I felt that I'd traumatised my skin for nothing.

Frecklesfrodo123 Sun 09-Apr-17 20:29:07

I had this done 2 days ago, face feels lovely but hasn't cleared up my pores/spots.

They recommend a chemical peel which I've booked in for next week.

Hopefully that will work better!

marthastew Sun 09-Apr-17 20:32:12

I've used this on my lack lustre skin and it was great. Glycolic peel kit from No 7.

http://www.boots.com/no7-youthful-glycolic-peel-kit-10156078

EatsLeavesAndShit Sun 09-Apr-17 21:40:44

Here is the skincare thread nick skincare thread

It gets really long but has lots of information about how to find out what skin type you have, what to use to fix your specific issues etc.

I have also been using these blogs to learn about active ingredients, mostly in Korean skincare:

50 shades of snail

Snow White and the Asian Pear

It's a bit of confusing at first, but once you find your skin type and start introducing new things then you can see what works for you.

Also, do you eat a lot of oily fish and avocados? I find these give my skin a glow, but it has to be almost daily.

user1493033755 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:07:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

piddleypower Thu 27-Apr-17 17:18:36

I had six sessions of it with an added enzyme serum and I thought it made a massive difference, skin much clearer and fresher, to the extent that I have had to change my foundation as the colour was wrong! My problem was dull sallow and dry skin. Not sure it is what you need for spots or oily skin, that might be something you can address yourself maybe.

I had no skin care regime until I was 47. Now I have one following advice I have got on here, and my face is glowy.

nickpic Thu 27-Apr-17 19:08:42

Thanks everyone. I may give it a miss then. Ive ordered a cleansing brush as they have good reviews.
what skincare regime do you follow now Piddleypower?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now