Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear to lounge around in?

(25 Posts)
Gah81 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:10:58

Currently curled up after a long day in my flannel pyjamas and big blue fluffy robe.

I do have a vintage silk kimono that I wear when feel like makig the effort (maybe once/twice a week) and because I know DP loves me in it. I also have a few beautiful silk nightgowns/negligées and wraps but keep these for going away for weekends.

What do you all wear to sleep/waft about in? Are there really people out there who wear silk negligées every night and lacy wraps every morning? Please tell me I am not the only one in old cosy pyjamas right now!

Smeaton Sat 08-Apr-17 20:14:10

Can't speak for myself but my GF wears a onesie 99% of the time. Its too big for her and she looks like a Flump when wearing it, but she's comfy and cosy.

Jemimapiddleduck Sat 08-Apr-17 20:14:23

Winter: merino trackpants and a wooly jersey

Summer: old t-shirt and shorts.

Currently 9 months pregnant and wearing whatever fits. I look horid

Jemimapiddleduck Sat 08-Apr-17 20:16:29

My DP and I both get home and straight away put on our daggers.

It was something that brought us together, when we first started dating we would obviously stay in our nice clothes then way day he popped over when I was in fleece pants and a stained t-shirt and he said "thank fuck!! Now I can wear my trackies too!" His mother stays immaculate until
Bed. The mind boggles

bluuue Sat 08-Apr-17 20:17:19

I wear really unsexy but super comfy fleecy pyjama bottoms and a really baggy soft tshirt and a glass of wine to accessorise wink

Gah81 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:19:03

Being immaculate just feels like a LOT of hard work. How do people do it?!

And mmmm, actually a glass of wine would go beautifully with my current outfit too... grin

CarrieWatermelon Sat 08-Apr-17 20:19:11

I only crack out the negligees and silky robes for dirty weekends or other very special occasions grin.

Otherwise, its cosy PJs in winter, yoga pants and a vest top in this in-between weather, and a long t-shirt over my knix in summer.

DH doesn't mind. He's a fleecy robe and slippers kinda guy behind closed doors grin

rightknockered Sat 08-Apr-17 20:33:43

I wear old t-shirts and leggings/pjs/t-shirts and shorts/onesies

WittgensteinsCat Sat 08-Apr-17 21:00:07

Landsend Starfish stretchy trousers and their men's tops. Just about smart enough to be seen in in public, without any digging in of my many voluptuous areas when I'm curled up on my sofa.

Greenvalleymama Sat 08-Apr-17 21:02:30

PJ bottoms and a zip-up hoody here. I put my hoody on as soon as I get home to protect my nicer tops from getting covered in toddler snot, and when I've put the children to bed I go and change into my PJ bottoms (OK some days it's earlier!).

Cakescakescakes Sat 08-Apr-17 21:06:22

Sometimes I put my pjs on free the kids are in bed but mostly I just wear my normal clothes until bedtime.

Cakescakescakes Sat 08-Apr-17 21:06:30

Once not free

Oldraver Sat 08-Apr-17 21:22:40

I donr wear anything to bed so frequently wear pyjamas as lounging around wear

These Asda are the ones I got after Christmas..I also have a short fleece (above knee) dressing gown to go with it..but just tend to wear a t-shirt at the moment

Judydreamsofhorses Sat 08-Apr-17 21:53:38

I have "lounge pants" which are like posh joggers from M&S in winter, which I wear with jumpers or hoodies. In summer it's leggings and stripy tops. All presentable enough if someone came to the door, but comfy. I sleep either naked or in one of DP's old t-shirts, so these are just for lolling around in.

Trustyourself2 Sat 08-Apr-17 22:05:17

I don't change. I wear my normal causal day clothes until I change into pyjamas for bed. Have never got into the changing into comfy outfits. My sister does.

WhataHexIgotinto Sat 08-Apr-17 22:14:12

Either joggers and a t shirt or PJ bottoms and a t shirt. I don't even own a negligee.

toffeeboffin Sat 08-Apr-17 22:16:09

Leggings, a vest and an oversize shirt.

I'm jealous of your kimono.

I used to have a housemate who wore kimonos, she always looked incredible in them. She did look like Pocahontas though, which helps.

Gah81 Sat 08-Apr-17 22:23:46

Sadly I do not look like Pocahontas. But I do love a kimono - v flattering and feels lovely smile

bingohandjob Sat 08-Apr-17 22:33:46

Lolling about the house....Boden leggings and sweaters/ Uniqlo supima tees - soft, comfortable

In this warm spell, this cos I bought several in the sale for summer hols at six quid a pop www.monki.com/se/Archive/Ankle-length_lounge_dress/262019-16071064.1

Ladydepp Sat 08-Apr-17 22:36:31

Current favourites are hush harems and a Next fluffy hoodie or a long sleeved t shirt.

Nothing silky for me!

applecatchers36 Sat 08-Apr-17 22:56:12

Sweaty Betty harem pants
Cashmere & cotton mix oversize jumper

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 08-Apr-17 23:54:01

I have Summer and Winter Carole Hochman robes
Zip fronted - no pesky wrap over edges and trying to get the belt to stay put.
No flashing

Summer one is like a pinafore dress, velvet towelling
Winter one is long sleeved fleecy

And there's a random mid weight if the other is in the wash.

To sleep in - skin. grin

Gah81 Sun 09-Apr-17 07:33:23

I may have to get one of those zip robes... I have too often inadvertently given the Amazon delivery man (always seems to arrive first thing in the morning) an eyeful!

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Sun 09-Apr-17 08:45:42

Leggings or track bums & loungey baggy fine knit or cotton jumpers.

RedMetamorphosis Sun 09-Apr-17 13:44:45

Various Jack Wills leggings, Next joggers/PJ leggings and Slouchy tops.

Big cowl neck jumpers over the top in winter.

I've invested more in my loungewear than my going out or casual clothes which says a lot about my lifestyle grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now