Talk

Advanced search

Shoes inspiration

(9 Posts)
treaclesoda Sat 08-Apr-17 16:34:32

I want casual shoes but I don't know what to go for. Not trainers, I already have loads of those.

I don't think I can carry off loafers - I see hip young things wearing them and they look cool and laid back, but I'm older and think they might just look... old. Ballet pumps don't appeal, I've been there and done that and they're very uncomfortable.

Any suggestions?

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:36:53

I have a few pairs of Clark's Hamble Oak brogues. They go with dresses, skirts, skinny jeans and trousers. They're also gorgeously comfortable. I have a tan pair, a black patent pair and a grey pair but keep looking at the wine colour and thinking they'd go with so much in my wardrobe.

CateGory8 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:49:54

Another vote for Clark's Hamble Oaks. I too have a tan pair and a grey pair, they are light and comfortable. I do ask myself whether I need a plain black pair but as I wear a lot of black I do need the contrast.

What do you want to wear them with? I went in to Clarks today and liked loads of pairs.

treaclesoda Sat 08-Apr-17 17:29:15

I'll most likely end up wanting to wear them with jeans but I'd love something that would go with dresses too. I'm quite fond of a casual dress and denim jacket type outfit.

I thought these might be nice with dresses.

And I liked these but suspect that nobody else will!

treaclesoda Sat 08-Apr-17 17:40:51

I actually like the second ones, although not fussed on the first ones.

I saw the second ones in Clarks yesterday and thought 'I wonder...'

CaptainBraandPants Sat 08-Apr-17 17:46:38

I bought these this week. Hamble Oaks, with a bit of bling. grin

treaclesoda Sat 08-Apr-17 17:50:13

Hamble Oaks might be the way forward. I didn't realise they came in so many colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now