Talk

Advanced search

Perfume gurus please help me!

(9 Posts)
NotYoda Sat 08-Apr-17 15:56:25

Wasn't sure whether to join in the Perfumistas thread or start my own, so here goes:

I love Jo Malone Basil and Neroli but it's too darned weak! Doesn't last long at all.Not sure if this is a frequent complaint about Jo Malone or what...

So can anyone recommend something with a similar feel? I love that it's 'green' (I think that's the term) and a bit cirtussy but tempered by the herbal

TIA

NotYoda Sat 08-Apr-17 15:56:49

*citrussy

glitterglitters Sat 08-Apr-17 16:07:07

Jo Malone's staying power is zilch I've found. Citrusy I'd recommend (a cheaper option) something like Pink Grapefruit or Tangerine from the Body Shop (very cheap £9 for eau de parfum). Something more high end Chloe .... I think it's L'eau de Chloe has grapefruit in too.

NotYoda Sat 08-Apr-17 16:09:00

glitter

Thanks! Glad it's not just me. I am spraying it around like air freshner (nd it's bloody expensive.

I really love grapefruit scents so I'll take a look at those.

A casual look doesn't seem to bring up anything herbal though

StoatPatronus Sat 08-Apr-17 16:13:57

Hermes eau des merveilles: ambergris, orange and sea salt. Beautiful.

NotYoda Sat 08-Apr-17 16:19:57

Ooh seasalt sounds nice.

glitterglitters Sat 08-Apr-17 16:22:15

Mac used to do a sea salt and wood based perfume called Turquatic. It's a dead ringer for Jo Malone's sea salt and wood sage but has ten times the staying power. Not really citrusy but it's very summery.

CoolCarrie Sat 08-Apr-17 17:11:22

JM perfumes are a total rip off, I haven't heard anyone say that they have lasted, which is a pity because some of the scents are lovely.

NotYoda Sat 08-Apr-17 17:12:19

yy

Such a shame

I got a sample of the body lotion, OTOH, and that's much stronger hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now