Talk

Advanced search

Help whats wrong with my skin

(3 Posts)
SLLM Sat 08-Apr-17 14:58:03

I usually use a charcoal cleanser and moisturiser but my skin has broken out badly. And if I apply moisturiser it ends up coming off in thick flakes blush my nose looks really dry as well.
I've tried clinique - too expensive and harsh
Botanicals - made my skin even drier
Nip and fab - leaves red patches on my cheeks? Could be an allergic reaction
Even putting water on my face feels like I'm drying it out! It goes tight and warm within seconds of water touching my face
What do I do. I'm lacking confidence to go out, I've never felt so ugly and am only 23 sad

EnidButton Sat 08-Apr-17 17:12:01

I would guess your skin is dehydrated rather than dry and the charcoal cleanser and moisturiser is too harsh for your skin (maybe combination normally?) which is causing an over production of sebum leading to the breakouts.

It could also be hormonal changes. I started getting acne in my early 20's after having clear skin in my teens. Very frustrating. Especially when you're trying so hard to keep it nice.

There is a range by La Roche Posay for very over reactive sensitive skin which I've found really balancing. You could start with the Toleriane cleanser (the lotion looking one that you gently wipe off with a wet flannel) and the toleriane fluide moisturiser. Although that's being discontinued soon you can still get it online. Both of these are gentle and won't cause any further problems.

For your spots, if it's bad, ask your gp about getting a topical treatment like Zyneryt which is an anti-biotic and Zinc solution. When they start to heal (the crusty red stage) la Roche Posay Cicaplast b5 baume dabbed on will help heal them up really fast.

I think you need to strip it all back to basics and be really gentle with your skin. There's a skincare thread with people who really know there stuff. If you search back to the start there's a mini questionnaire you can fill in and ask for help. They'll sort you out. flowers (I'll post a link now)

EnidButton Sat 08-Apr-17 17:15:51

(*their)

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2874633-Fantastic-Skincare-Snail-Optional

If you read the first post, the questions are there. It's just so they can help you get the best products and advise you what to do next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now