Talk

Advanced search

Is Elemis Cleansing Balm worth it & ok for sensitive skin?

(13 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:46:26

I'm thinking of trying this but wouid like some reviews. I hsve sensitive skin to silicones, alcohol or any AHA's in products.

bionicant Sat 08-Apr-17 15:02:20

buy a really small jar from ebay to test first, i used it for years then recently seem to have a reaction to it

peasandquiet Sat 08-Apr-17 15:07:54

The pro collagen one? I love it I have to say, have been using for 3+years, but no idea how it would react with your skin. Visit a counter and get some samples before committing.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 08-Apr-17 15:21:35

I was fine with it, and I do have sensitive skin.

Pippin8 Sat 08-Apr-17 15:42:12

I swear by it & a little bit goes a long way. The full size lasts me 3 months. You can buy the trial size for £9.

margaritasbythesea Sat 08-Apr-17 15:47:25

Yes buy the trial size. I git mine on amazon. It was terrible for me. I could see my skin turning redas soon as the stuff touched it. It is very heavily scented if that helps you decide. It is a sort of essential oil smell.

dailystuck71 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:28:42

Or buy from QVC. You can try it and return if you don't like it. Cost - postage.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 08-Apr-17 20:20:16

It's brilliant stuff, been using it years. However I've got skin as insensitive as a donkeys arse so I might not be the best advocate. smile

Aquamarine70 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:06:55

Thanks I'm in Australia & can't order on Amazon. It's $40 for full size online. I can't seem to find a sample size on EBay. I would like to try it but I'm worried as I'm very sensitive skin.

Sciurus83 Sun 09-Apr-17 17:39:02

Try the sample of you can, I've always picked it up in airports. Elemis is very heavily scented, you might be better with clinique take the day off if you are sensitive to scent.

JDSTER Sun 09-Apr-17 19:15:24

Was going to come on and suggest Clinique take the day off too. It's unfragranced so far less likely to cause a reaction than Elemis, which does smell amazing but not a top pick by any means for sensitive skin

FrozenNotCold Sun 09-Apr-17 19:43:45

I don't have sensitive skin and I loved the smell but I felt it never got my face properly/deeply clean and I got spots too.

Aquamarine70 Mon 10-Apr-17 13:36:31

Thanks I'll have a look at the Clinique.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now