Talk

Advanced search

Best fake tan for face if you're pale?

(21 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Sat 08-Apr-17 12:58:07

So the sun's come out ( yay! ) And it's time for a healthy glow. However I don't go brown so need to cheat. I'm fair with pale blue eyes and sensitive skin. Don't want to look orange, just healthy. Anyone got any good recommendations?

ArieltheMermaid1720 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:15:24

L'Oréal sublime gel, I've used it for years and it's a lovely natural colour. I've actually (in the last week or so) started putting a thin layer on my face and neck every other night just to give a bit of a glow to my skin, not so much that I look fake tanned but enough that I don't look dead.

OutandIntoday Sat 08-Apr-17 13:27:56

I too use L'Oréal sublime bronze tinted gel- i do my legs with a mitt and the use what us left on the mitt on my face and neck. I am blonde and pale and it is a good natural colour on me- i am developing as we speak! You can normally get it on offer.

Destinysdaughter Sat 08-Apr-17 13:30:22

Ooh thanks for that! Ill give it a gosmile

ImSexyAndIKnowIt Sat 08-Apr-17 13:32:46

The Clarins drops you add to moisturiser are really good too. I've bought them 3/4 times.

Maudlinmaud Sat 08-Apr-17 13:34:55

I'm pale with a yellow undertone. I use James Read sleep mask, gives a nice glow and the colour is natural on me. I also like Clarins instant smooth facial tan.

chloechloe Sat 08-Apr-17 18:30:36

I would recommend the Clarins drops too - totally idiot proof and as you mix a few drops into your moisturiser, it's easy to experiment to get the right level of tan. I have a toddler and a baby and it's the only thing stopping me looking like a walking corpse at the moment!

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 08-Apr-17 18:59:58

I like the Clarins drops too. Easy to use and fool-proof. But they are very- subtle though I like that as the colour looks more natural and sun-kissed rather than v tanned. Lasts about 2-3 days on me before I need to re-apply.

NoelHeadbands Sat 08-Apr-17 19:01:29

Ah. Came on to recommend the Clarins Drops of Summat or Other as well.

LilyWasThere Sat 08-Apr-17 19:03:39

Can you use the Clarins drops on your legs too? Or is just for your face?

fannydaggerz Sat 08-Apr-17 19:06:28

Skinny tan is excellent

ImSexyAndIKnowIt Sat 08-Apr-17 19:12:13

They do a body version too Lily

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Sat 08-Apr-17 19:17:26

Marking place for trip to town tomorrow

HunterHearstHelmsley Sat 08-Apr-17 19:18:15

Fake bake fair every time.

Greenvalleymama Sat 08-Apr-17 19:18:18

I'm fair with blue eyes, and in the spring time I switch my usual Olay moisturiser for the Olay with a touch of sunshine (light version, they do a dark version too).

I switched over about a week ago, and when I went into work I got 3 compliments in the first 20 minutes, all saying how well I looked (I must have been so deathly pale before!) and one regular customer asked if I'd been on holiday.

WipsGlitter Sat 08-Apr-17 20:44:11

Are the clarins drops any good for pinky-fair skin. I've a totally white neck so presumably have to blend all the way down my neck?

toffeeboffin Sat 08-Apr-17 20:47:23

I use Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance.

I'm pale and blue eyed and it looks dead natural.

LilyWasThere Sat 08-Apr-17 20:53:06

Excellent! Thanks Sexy!

SlipperyLizard Sat 08-Apr-17 21:54:59

I use fake bake mousse or james read sleep mask tan (and use the body one on my face).

James Read also does express one which is pretty good, develops over an hour.

Wellhellothere1 Sun 09-Apr-17 02:44:27

I like the clarins drops too. I have just finished the one for the face so decided to buy the body one this time as it's better value. I've used it a couple of times and it seems exactly the same formulation as the facial one. So if you're thinking about buying it I'd recommend the body one.

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Tue 11-Apr-17 09:36:46

Note to self.
Learn the difference between gradual tan lotion and overnight self tan. L'Oreal must make both.
And don't half-remember a MN thread, shop in a rush and slather the stuff on in a haphazard fashion before falling into bed <wine may have been taken >

Definitely don't do this.
Again sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now