Talk

Advanced search

Clothes and shoe storage frustration - how do you store and SEE yours? No Kondo allowed!

(7 Posts)
Jmangel Sat 08-Apr-17 08:10:25

I don't have loads of clothes but tend to wear the same outfits over and over and let the remaining 80% languish hidden in drawers, shelves and wardrobes. Everything is always a mess and I really don't know where to store shoes and boots so that they're out of the way but still visible so I can remember what I have.
I dream of a walk in dressing room but it is just a dream! Never going to happen.
If you share an average sized bedroom with your partner and don't have a spare room, give me some inspiration for storage ideas please.
I have a double wardrobe, a 5 drawer chest and two under the bed storage drawers.
Do I need to hit up IKEA? If so, what's good? Any other storage company ideas?
Ooh, and I am the culling queen so do think I've weeded as much out as possible but I am no Maria Kondo - love clothes too much!

Jmangel Sat 08-Apr-17 08:11:56

Ooh but if you do have a walk in dressing room, please post pics so I can live vicariously!

bionicant Sat 08-Apr-17 08:12:36

I have under bed plastic containers on top of the wardrobes as they're not very high can stack a few cheap from Wilkinson

bunnybleu Sat 08-Apr-17 09:35:35

I have a wardrobe with a drawer underneath and used to keep my shoes in the drawer. Recently I bought a nice 'iron' shoe rack from Ikea and put in the wardrobe which works better. Handbags and bits are now in the drawer. I hang items in groups together and by colour. My t-shirts, undies, pjs etc are in the drawers of my dressing table (it has drawers both sides) and the top drawer each side has make up/toiletries.

I'm the same as you OP in that even though I don't have masses of clothes, I tend to wear the same things time and again!!

seefeld Sat 08-Apr-17 10:10:17

I solve this problem by not doing my laundry regularly enough - forces me to wear more of my clothes wink

wobblywonderwoman Sat 08-Apr-17 10:15:58

I have the floral storage bags from IKEA and the main trick for me is to store seasonal stuff under the bed so it frees up space.

Shoes- I have a hemnes shoe storage (slim white one) and a bench on the hall that stores the rest.

Very occassional shoes are also in a box under the bed/spare room bed

RawPotatoes Sat 08-Apr-17 17:14:09

I have a double built in cupboard, with a rail that goes across the whole width and that is where almost all of my clothes hang.

Shoes go across the bottom in racks and handbags are in plastic boxes on the overhead shelf.

I also have a little wire drawer unit inside the wardrobe in which i store underwear, tights and my running clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now