Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Brassy hair after bleaching

(9 Posts)
NapoleonsNose Fri 07-Apr-17 16:36:33

Just used peroxide on DDs hair. I know these things should be left to the professionals but she insisted and its gone an awful brassy yellow colour. What can we put on it, that can be bought in the chemist/supermarket to tone it down? I'm think ash brown but not sure. She goes back to uni tomorrow and we need to sort ot out tonight as she's refusing to leave the house!

45DegreestoReality Fri 07-Apr-17 16:46:59

Purple toner- there are loads on the market. I've used Scott Cornwall Colour Restore in the past and it was quite successful (from Boots).

45DegreestoReality Fri 07-Apr-17 16:48:30

Sorry I should have explained further! It won't colour the hair purple- it offsets the brassiness, cooling the overall colour. Hope that's helps.

45DegreestoReality Fri 07-Apr-17 16:48:40

Sorry I should have explained further! It won't colour the hair purple- it offsets the brassiness, cooling the overall colour. Hope that's helps.

45DegreestoReality Fri 07-Apr-17 16:49:03

Gah! Double post!

LockedOutOfMN Fri 07-Apr-17 17:49:06

You can use touch of silver, wrap cling film around the hair with it on and leave for at least 15 minutes. My old flatmate used to leave hers for an hour.

DrAbbyYates Fri 07-Apr-17 18:18:00

Yes to purple toner. It will knock the yellow tones out. She'll then need to maintain with a purple shampoo.

AllFurCoatNoKnickera Fri 07-Apr-17 18:24:31

Lee Stafford's purple hotshots - amazing!!!

NapoleonsNose Sat 08-Apr-17 08:06:30

Thanks all. In the end we bought an ash blonde dye, left it on for about 10 minutes and it looks a whole lot better. She was trying to dye it pastel pink, but I told her its probably a job best left to someone who knows what they are doing, not her Mum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now