Talk

Advanced search

Should I just accept the stretch marks?

(10 Posts)
Roobear23 Fri 07-Apr-17 11:22:56

Baby is 9 months and they have barely improved. I haven't bothered with any creams so far because I did while pregnant and they obviously didn't work. Has anyone had any luck with a product which makes any difference to stretch marks? They are really awful so even a small difference might help. Trying to tone my tummy too which I guess might help? Thank you smile

rightknockered Fri 07-Apr-17 15:53:27

Fake tan works for some, other than that just accept them, no cream works but they do eventually fade

SlipperyLizard Fri 07-Apr-17 17:48:14

I've got stretch marks all up my thighs due to a childhood growth spurt (none from pregnancy!). As a young teen they were a livid red colour, looked like scratches all down my thighs.

30 odd years later they are faded, and have been for a long time - for me fake tan doesn't work (it doesn't seem to "take" on the stretch marks).

What has worked is accepting I can do nothing about them and moving on - there is no magic cream I'm afraid.

burnishedsilver Fri 07-Apr-17 17:50:40

Only time will help.

RawPotatoes Fri 07-Apr-17 21:44:41

They do fade, but very, very slowly.

There is some research to say that both microneedling and red light therapy marginally improve them. Some people report that chemical peels help.

From personal experience, I'd say losing weight and toning up massively improves the look of the whole area, even if it doesn't eradicate the marks.

user1468843101 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:52:04

Not sure if you've tried bio oil, but it worked a miracle for me! Now just need to find something to tackle the cellulite.......

MrDacresEUSubsidy Sat 08-Apr-17 06:23:34

They will fade. I have stretchmarks on my norks and round my tummy (no DC - just weight gain and then loss). At first they were quite a dark red-purple colour. They've now faded to a silver-white. Fake tan does cover them a bit but IMO, the best thing to do is to try and learn to love them. We're all going to age (hopefully) and there's only so much you can do before you have to accept that things will sag, bag and drag eventually regardless of what we try and do to stop it!

There were two women next to me on the beach last year. Both in their 50s or thereabouts, both in bikinis and both with stretchmarks. One had obviously had work done on her face and body and spent a lot of time rearranging her sarong, wrap, hat etc. and complaining about her body. The other may well have had work done but it was much more subtle and she walked about with real poise and confidence and didn't fuss about what she looked like. Consequently she looked very elegant and attractive and the stretchmarks did not detract from that at all - they were just part of her look IYSWIM?

HowamIgoingtocope Sat 08-Apr-17 06:26:50

Embrace them. Mine are there because I grew 2 kids. Sod what anyone else thinks

Sample1936 Sat 08-Apr-17 06:43:07

They are very common and take years to fade. Accept what we can't change...

Sylvannas Sat 08-Apr-17 06:58:25

DS is 6 months. My stretch marks on the side are fading, the ones in the very center not so much yet. I use massage bars from LUSH mainly but also Nivea body lotion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now