Talk

Advanced search

Fitflop F-POPs discontinued. Please help a summer slip-on/ballerina struggler...

(19 Posts)
MinesaLattecino Fri 07-Apr-17 11:08:52

Ok, so it's not an actual disaster, but I thought I had FINALLY found shoe nirvana last year with the Fitflop F-POP Canvas ballerina - comfy for commuting/walking around town, flattering enough to wear with jeans or skirts, just smart enough for my work, and, most importantly of all, with an elastic heel to grip onto my silly narrow feet (I cannot wear most slip-on shoes without walking straight out of them/heel rubbing).

Their only downside was that they smelt pretty quickly and didn't love going through the washing machine to de-stink them, so last year's haven't survived very well.

Now they've discontinued them and trawling amazon and ebay hasn't got me very far - I've found one blue pair in my size which hopefully will do.

Does anyone know of any good alternatives? Or if you also struggle with most slip ons, what do you wear when it's not boots weather and trainers aren't smart enough but you don't need heels?

ilovecherries Fri 07-Apr-17 11:30:21

Have you tried the FF skates? I walk out of most slip on shoes, but these are ok. Having said that, I do have to wear trainers most of the time, but the skates work when I need to be a bit dressier.

ilovecherries Fri 07-Apr-17 11:32:00

Looking in my cupboard... I also have FF oxfords that are fairly slim fitting with a short lace up. And Mary Janes.

MinesaLattecino Fri 07-Apr-17 13:30:41

Hmm, thank you, it's an idea. Skates would be ok with trousers, but I think they're too chunky for my chunky legs in skirts.

The thing I like about these is they are low cut so quite leg lengthening but still grip on the heel.

Lebranic Fri 07-Apr-17 17:49:54

I have just bought some from America on eBay as they were my perfect shoe too. Such a shame fitflop stopped making them.

amistillsexy Fri 07-Apr-17 17:55:06

Have you looked at Skechers GoWalk Mary Janes?
here at Sports Direct? I'm on my 4th pair, and I wear them throughout the spring and summer and as far into each Autumn as I can!

Lovely and comfortable, even for walking all day, look great with everything.

MinesaLattecino Mon 10-Apr-17 09:12:19

The Sketchers are a bit too far down the practical end of hte scale for me. I'm looking for something a bit more work/dressy if possible. I jsut wear flip flops otherwise!

Kurt geiger used to make elastic back ballerinas but they were super flat and not particularly comfy. I bought three pairs at the time though as they were the closest thing I could find to shoes that worked for me and a casual office day.

sparechange Mon 10-Apr-17 09:31:40

I've just bought these and they are the comfiest things I've EVER worn!

I'm buying a couple more pairs because I can see myself living in these all summer
They look like they can go in the washing machine as well...

www.marksandspencer.com/light-as-air-trainers/p/p60093888?image=SD_01_T02_9721_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

Teaandcake08 Wed 12-Apr-17 15:35:25

Don't know what these would look like on but just beennlooking at trainers in next and saw these -
www.next.co.uk/g84352s1#/referrer=spread

Teaandcake08 Wed 12-Apr-17 15:36:39

They are 'sporty ballerinas' not actual trainers!

polyhymnia Wed 12-Apr-17 16:32:57

Another big fan if the FF skates here. The silver ones, which I have, are quite summery. I also really like the look of - but haven't yet tried - the FF Florrie ballerinas and the balkerinas with the tassel on.

Notreallyhappy Wed 12-Apr-17 16:39:34

www.gaborshoes.co.uk/womens-c1/shoes-c2/indiana-womens-casual-pumps-p23837

I don't do ballerina as they're too flat.. got these and are so comfy. Come in a few colours.

Strongbeatsskinny Wed 12-Apr-17 17:06:23

I'm in the same situation a size two I have been looking for the glitter ball ones. Or anything in that size to replace ones that have lasted years. Sadly they've stooped doing my size by the looks of it.

fitflopqueen Wed 12-Apr-17 21:37:37

just been flicking through the other shoe thread, what about these

www.birkenstock.com/gb/celina-natural-leather-red/1004669-1004670-0000000.html

hiddenwhale Thu 20-Apr-17 05:54:19

There are a few on sale on Brandalley right now, limited sizes

www.brandalley.co.uk/private-sales/fitflop.html#/private-sales/fitflop.html?is_ajax=1&p=1

Tubbybells Thu 20-Apr-17 06:40:35

Would these do ?
www.wynsors.com/womens/shoes/flats/ever-so-soft-judy-43381

They have them in store in different colours.

MinesaLattecino Thu 20-Apr-17 09:37:46

The Birkenstocks are good, I might try them. Have also tried Brand Alley but not sure if they are the right size - what's their customer service like hiddenwhale? Never used them before.

hiddenwhale Thu 20-Apr-17 11:02:36

I've found them fine Minesa - although I've never had to return anything, but I'm pretty sure it would be OK. Their delivery times can be odd as they send items when they're available, which might be a few weeks, and they will split orders so you could end up with separate deliveries from one order. They use Hermes for delivery in my area though, which can be a pain.

Rosebag Thu 20-Apr-17 11:44:20

Not much help on sourcing the shoes in question, but re. smelly shoes, I have found that a leather inner sole works really well to counteract the stink. But you do have to start off with them when the shoes are new. I get mine either in Clarks or John Lewis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now