Talk

Advanced search

Boden alternative? Plus size.Help please!!

(15 Posts)
JakeBallardswife Fri 07-Apr-17 10:58:19

Hate the term plus size but am size 22 in tops to make them long enough to cover my mahoosive 38JJ bust.

Boden was my staple last summer with their long line v neck t- shirts. I've looked at similar this year and it's just not there. Is the Ravello to worth £49?

If not Boden, where else? I like plain colours or stripes, as these seem to work. The odd flower is fine. Must be v- necked. M&s have nothing either

ilovecherries Fri 07-Apr-17 11:02:48

I have a 36K chest, so you have my sympathies! I find the Ravello fine, although I can't get the V neck to fit properly. I expected to prefer it, but in the end I exchanged them all for the round neck version, which sits a lot better. The 22 is big on the shoulders and waist for me, but I need it in the chest. I recently took them all to a dressmaker and she put dome shaping through the waist and they sit better. Don't pay full price and though - there is always a 20% off code floating around.

A1Sharon Fri 07-Apr-17 11:07:44

A7Y2 gives 20% off atm.

A1Sharon Fri 07-Apr-17 11:09:49

Also, I find Joules clothing to be on the large size, their clothes go up to a 20, so you might be ok?
EGG gives 25% off until Sunday, in store or online.

Fairylea Fri 07-Apr-17 11:11:32

Have you tried Next and Dorothy Perkins?

JakeBallardswife Fri 07-Apr-17 11:13:36

Dorothy Perkins, I never quite get on with. No idea why and next I never really like anything in there. Everything seems too short. I might look again though

Rumdoodler1 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:24:24

Seasalt does some stuff in larger sizes )though not much in the way of V necks)
Might be worth a look though?

bingohandjob Sat 08-Apr-17 07:37:59

Monki - they have oversized cuts on many items and have some great pieces. Joanie have a good size range but quite distinctive style.

Paffle Sat 08-Apr-17 07:43:53

I've just discovered Navabi. Prices seem to range from expensive to reasonable but I've got some nice tops and dresses there.

Fozzleyplum Sun 09-Apr-17 08:31:04

Pure Collection do up to a 20 and some of their styles are loose fitting.

ilovecherries Sun 09-Apr-17 08:52:05

Pure actually goes up to a 24 in limited items - I'd forgotten about that. Their wrap tops fit well, OP.

Shantotto Sun 09-Apr-17 08:59:17

Have you tried Pepperberry the clothes line Bravissimo make? They are cut with more room to accommodate a larger bust size.

I'm don't need them myself but have heard good things.

Bigbiscuits Sun 09-Apr-17 11:29:38

GAP online go up to a size 24 and there is always an offer on

Fozzleyplum Mon 10-Apr-17 11:34:41

OP, if their clothes are of interest, Pure Collection have emailed today with a limited time 25% off, plus free delivery and returns here

fridgepants Mon 10-Apr-17 21:59:30

You might be an 18 Super Curvy in Pepperberry - worth a look.

TU clothing at Sainsburys is actually really good and goes up to a 24. I'm 36J and I've found a few nice tops there.

If you know someone in the States - or have a US shipping address via a forwarding company like I do - Torrid are good. You have to hunt through all the weird floral skull things though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now