Talk

Advanced search

Help! 65th birthday gift for lovely mum with chronic pain - nightwear!

(7 Posts)
Dozer Fri 07-Apr-17 07:50:38

My DM has a big birthday soon and I'd like to get her some lovely nightwear, which she's said she'd like, but finding it hard to find anything both nice and suitable, and am hoping MNetters can recommend some new brands.

Since her 40s she has had severe chronic pain (spinal problems affecting legs and feet too, and arthritis) and her nights are especially painful. has hot flashes/gets cold then hot since hysterectomy for cancer 5 years ago. 😨

Has a modern, and a bit "arty"personal style. Likes comfort and natural fabrics. Size 16-18 and short, 5 foot (PJ trousers often too long).

Thinking of a thin cotton nightie with straps, and thin dressing gown - her favourite one (30 years old!) is thin black cotton, long, with a white scandinavian or russian style pattern.

She mainly has to wear voluminous cotton M&S old lady nightgowns! Hoping there is something better out there!

squiz81 Fri 07-Apr-17 07:58:20

Have you tried TK maxx? I got a lovely vera Wang night dress from there. I actually bought it to give birth in (I only paid £10 for it) but it's really lovely.

crumpetsandcoffee Fri 07-Apr-17 08:14:51

My mum is short also. She loves m&s pj range but buys the 3/4 length which fit as full length. They have a good range in now with spring being here apparently. Also do you have a 'yours'? They have a good range online

ilovecherries Fri 07-Apr-17 08:44:29

Could you take the one she loves to a dress maker and have them use it to create a pattern for a new set? Then you could select the exact fabric and colour she'd love.

Euphemia Fri 07-Apr-17 09:11:05

Some lovely nighties at Cyberjammies.

Dozer Fri 07-Apr-17 12:26:06

Thanks everyone! Hadn't heard of Yours or Cyberjammies. The dressmaker idea is really good too, but I don't know if she'd agree to it, would regard it as a huge extravagence!

Dozer Fri 07-Apr-17 12:34:22

Vera wang for a tenner - bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now