Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Semi permanent colour for DDs hair

(6 Posts)
BlimeyO Fri 07-Apr-17 01:59:44

I have promised DDs a temporary hair colour for the long summer hols. Their school is strict about these things.
They have asked for something more long lasting than hair chalk/ mascara.
I'm now wondering what are our options. DD1 has thick dark brown hair; DD2 has fine, dark blonde hair.
Does anyone have any recommendations? They would be very gratefully received.

TitaniasCloset Fri 07-Apr-17 02:21:30

Hmm casting creme gloss loreal left my hair quite glossy, but its quite long lasting so I'm not sure if that's suitable.

BlimeyO Fri 07-Apr-17 04:26:39

Thanks Titania. Yes a very long lasting change might not go down too well with school!
Did you get a colour difference? I think the DDs want the colour change to show up quite clearly but I'm not sure it's possible - at least for DD1 and her dark brown hair.

CMOTDibbler Fri 07-Apr-17 10:20:21

How about a dip dye thing so they can have it cut off at the end of the holidays?

TitaniasCloset Fri 07-Apr-17 12:42:03

Dip dye sounds nice but expensive.

Maybe clip in hair extensions? Also expensive. Or plaited in ones.

I think you are right, a bright colour isn't going to show up in dark hair.

BlimeyO Fri 07-Apr-17 14:02:57

Oh actual hair extensions? Hadn't thought about that, thank you. Might be out of budget but will look into it.
I just asked them about dip dye and cutting it off before school. Seems they are not willing to sacrifice hair length for colour.
Lightweights

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now