Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trying to decide on hair colour, ideas needed!

(8 Posts)
PrincessGeorge Fri 07-Apr-17 01:16:18

Looking for some ideas! I am 38 and was 'blessed' with grey hair fairly young. I've been having it dyed dark brown but just looks too dark now and I'd like it to look a bit different. When I've had highlights in the past its looked a bit odd against my pale, with red bits, skin. Any ideas ??

SunshineOutdoors Fri 07-Apr-17 01:18:55

I'd embrace the grey and go for a great cut and knock out make up. Might have to go through a transition stage if you've been dying though

PrincessGeorge Fri 07-Apr-17 01:23:01

Nope! I'm only 38 and it's all over (pretty much white). I'm a bit too frumpy to do the 'trendy grey /lilac.

Cookies77 Fri 07-Apr-17 09:24:44

Following! I seem to be the same colouring as you and can never seem to find the right shade..

lurkingfromhome Fri 07-Apr-17 10:12:36

Maybe lowlights? I have dark brown hair and agree that it can look a bit blocky as you get older and have to start covering the greys. I never like highlights on me either, but last time I asked for lowlights and I'm quite pleased with the results.

I picked 4 different shades, none of which are very different from the all-over brown (you don't need the base colour lifted as you're not going lighter than your main shade, so no bleach required). I chose 4 shades that varied from a bit red to quite ashy. Together, they give a subtle effect that just breaks up the blocky dark brown and makes it a bit more interesting.

LordScuttlebutt Fri 07-Apr-17 10:14:46

You may suit strawberry blonde with the colouring you describe.

The lightest colour you can get away with would be best because the roots will show very quickly, the darker your colour.

user1484615313 Fri 07-Apr-17 10:20:35

I'm going for something like this. I'm 39. I have lots of grey too.

PrincessGeorge Fri 07-Apr-17 14:11:07

Lowlights sounds like a good idea . I like my hair dark, just not 'this' dark ;) I'm sure I'm a nightmare client for my hairdresser . She's booked me in for 4 hours so we can have a chat and time to do something different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now