Talk

Advanced search

Graduation outfit

(16 Posts)
helloitsmee Thu 06-Apr-17 22:37:17

I'm (hopefully) graduating in July and need some help in finding part of my outfit.

I was thinking classic white/cream shirt with smart, slim black or navy trousers with nude heel.

The shirt I want is long sleeved, with beaded wrists as this will show nicely under the gown.

Does anyone know where I can find one? Not too fussed on prices, but ideally under £30.

helloitsmee Fri 07-Apr-17 12:45:49

bump as posted late last night smile

helloitsmee Sat 08-Apr-17 20:23:31

bumping once again...hope someone out there can help

MrsLettuce Sat 08-Apr-17 21:04:01

I know exactly what you're after but I've not seen (m)any about recently at all. Well, not for a good price anyway. TBH I'd be tempted to add some beaded trim to a plain shirt that fits nicely.

Iamastonished Sat 08-Apr-17 21:05:55

I'm not keen on nude shoes, especially with dark trousers.

MrsLettuce Sat 08-Apr-17 21:26:21

This would be easy to position well without getting into button / buttonhole difficulties.

A ribbon type trim could potentially be quite tricky with the buttonhole and you'd need to resew the button too. This is beautiful although rather broad. You'd be able to position something like this so one of the gaps to will fit a buttonhole well enough.

A narrow ribbon up to the outer edge of the cuff could work well. This sort of thing is very pretty.

MrsLettuce Sat 08-Apr-17 21:27:14

I agree about the shoes.

FitbitAddict Sun 09-Apr-17 09:55:37

Personally, I think a skirt or dress looks better under a gown.

10Betty10 Sun 09-Apr-17 10:13:26

Try somewhere like Wallis- they often have that kind of blouse in. I have one from there that's plain with wrist beading, but bought a couple of years ago.

helloitsmee Sun 09-Apr-17 10:48:08

MrsLettuce thanks for your links, if I don't find a shirt I might end up doing it myself

helloitsmee Sun 09-Apr-17 10:49:28

Iamastonished MrsLettuce instead of nude, i should stick to plain black heels?

helloitsmee Sun 09-Apr-17 10:51:28

10Betty10 thanks, ill have a look at Wallis online. not too fussed about spending a lot, as i could easily re-wear it for interviews/work

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Apr-17 20:31:08

Yes, black shoes with black trousers. They don't have to be plain in the sense off dull though, beautiful is fine.

helloitsmee Fri 14-Apr-17 22:41:00

hi guys, still looking for the blouse

attached is the kind of blouse im looking for, i would appreciate if anyone can help me look for a similar blouse. the one pictured is from warehouse but it is old.

thanks to those who replied earlier!

MrsLettuce Fri 14-Apr-17 22:42:19

Have you tried eBay and etsy?

helloitsmee Fri 14-Apr-17 23:00:40

MrsLettuce I wanted to see if i could buy the blouse first. If i dont find one, then i will probably buy some beads online and attach on a plain blouse.

I haven't found any I like on eBay, and have not checked etsy as its not somewhere i would go to. Having said that, ill give it a try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now