Talk

Advanced search

Do I have the worst crows feet ever? :( (pics)

(12 Posts)
Abbielove Thu 06-Apr-17 22:18:44

I'm only 41 yet feel so low about myself it's awful.
My face seems to have aged in the last 2 years rapidly.
I feel like I have the worst crows feet in the world and it's really getting me down.

zippyswife Thu 06-Apr-17 22:20:35

No that's certainly not! Mines much worse and I'm not 40 yet- and mines worse on one side so I look all lopsided tooblush. You're grand don't sweat it. flowers

missyB1 Thu 06-Apr-17 22:24:42

Mine are worse, I didn't wear sun cream when I was younger. I will tell you what has helped though, I started useing Number 7 lift and luminate eye cream and it seems to have made them less noticeable somehow.

Abbielove Thu 06-Apr-17 22:33:51

They look worse in real life, the photo blurs them a bit. They actually go all the way down my cheeks and one side is worse than the other sad

dangermouseisace Thu 06-Apr-17 22:45:41

No you don't.

I'm 40 my face is going all wrinkly- it's like it has lost it's elasticity. However, I think fuck it I've earned these wrinkles/crows feet…been outdoors lots, done lots of laughing/crying/generally being emotional. Do you really want to look like one of those slug type immobile face cat eye celebrities or your good normal self? Or have spent your life indoors avoiding the sun? I know I'd rather have some wrinkles. They prove you've been alive and actually living your life.

spinduffy Fri 07-Apr-17 07:06:23

These would largely disappear with a small amount of Botox- largely painless and quick and amazing results.

ontherightpath Fri 07-Apr-17 10:16:56

Only botox will get rid of them. There is no cream in the world that will make them go away. Retin-a might soften them a bit over time, but your best bet now (apart from botox) is 'damage limitation' : sun block with good UVA protection all the year round, big sunglasses, stay in shade etc, good diet/plenty of water/supplements to make your skin in optimal condition. And Dangermouseisace's advice is great too. I'm a similar age as you with exactly the same problem & believe me, if there was a 'cure' I would have tracked it down by now!

QueenOlivine Fri 07-Apr-17 15:55:23

Vaseline around your eyes at bedtime - it won't get rid of them, but mine look softer and more kind of blurred if I remember to keep this up. (I just mean a thin layer that soaks in, you're not actually using the vaseline to disguise them – but it keeps the area more plumped and soft).

Also make sure you're drinking plenty of water and having oily fish, avocados, olive oil and similar healthy fats.

Honestly don't dwell on them too much – other people will not be nearly as aware of them as you are, and even from that photo you look really pretty and vivacious. I'm getting on for 50 now, it's a losing battle to try not to have any signs of ageing, or to let them make you unhappy. Keep smiling, keep enjoying your beauty, it's still you IYSWIM.

booksandtea Fri 07-Apr-17 15:56:50

no , i am 41 and mine are worse . I have noticed a definite worsening over the last 12 months . sucks doesn't it ?

Tannyfastic Fri 07-Apr-17 18:28:24

We are a nation obsessed with youth.
Stop lamenting.
Live!

BellonaBelladonna Fri 07-Apr-17 18:31:12

Mine are "worse". I really don't mind them. They're a mark of a life of smiling and laughter.

Which probably makes you a kind, smiley person. At the very least a good laugh!

CakeForBreakfast Fri 07-Apr-17 18:41:58

are you smiling in the picture, that's makes everyone's crows feet appear, what's it like straight faced?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now