We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are the best lipsticks?

(17 Posts)
dontforgetaboutyourtea Thu 06-Apr-17 19:38:13

Hello lovely gurus smile
Birthday coming up and DP doesn't know what to get me, decided to ask for a few lipsticks, but I don't know where to start? I generally use liquid because of how long they last, however I want a few more expensive lipsticks that do last for quite a while and not too drying. I know of lots of brands, but not too sure which to try out? I generally like red, but would like maybe one red and a few more neutral colours; what brand is your favourite for lipstick?w

ArieltheMermaid1720 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:00:26

I like Estée Lauder and Nars. I also bought a Clinique Matt pop lipstick the other day and it would take a bomb to shift it. I'm not a massive fan of mac lipsticks as I find them really drying but others love them.

Lottapianos Thu 06-Apr-17 20:33:21

I don't get on with MAC brilliantly either because of the dryness issue. Charlotte Tilbury mattes are surprisingly creamy and comfortable for mattes. Clinique Pop also good. For cheaper options, Revlon Super Lustrous and Maybelline are excellent

BusterGonad Fri 07-Apr-17 14:56:15

Marc Jacobs are really glam and would make a lovely present, I have two of their reds. Goddess and Dashing, as for other shades it really depends on your personal preference.

PolaDeVeboise Fri 07-Apr-17 15:20:26

I only use Max Factor Lipfinity - put it on in the morning for work and it's still there at tea time. <lazy>

TheFallenMadonna Fri 07-Apr-17 15:29:37

Nars.

LadyOfTheCanyon Fri 07-Apr-17 15:50:07

Lipstick Queen silver screen and Velvet Rope ranges are lovely and the cases are wonderful.
Nars are good at all the sort of inbetween colours. I always find the 'between two shades' shade with them
Second Marc Jacobs or Tom Ford for ultimate glam. TF Scarlet Rouge is a beautiful red and he does lots of nude shades too.
Hourglass is always worth a look as well.

Chirrup5 Fri 07-Apr-17 15:53:21

Lipstick Queen

BusterGonad Fri 07-Apr-17 17:00:55

I also love the Chanel rouge allure Velvet. Not drying at all imo.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 07-Apr-17 18:20:07

Urban Decay
I bought a comfort matte (Backchat , nice MLBB) for DD last year and created a monster. She loves the lipstick bullet and the liquid .

Kat Von D

Too Faced
I am not a lipstick wearer but I bought myself a Too Faced , nice gold case , solid). Good colour, not greasy or drying.

tandt5 Fri 07-Apr-17 18:50:25

I love Burberry Lip Velvet. They are long lasting but not drying. They feel very comfortable on the lips and when they wear off they fade seamlessly and non-patchy. My favourite every day shade is Nude Rose. And the shade that really brightens me up is honeysuckle (orangey coral). Both are matte.
And Burberry also does lots of reds.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 07-Apr-17 19:18:19

TKMaxx sometimes has Lipstick Queen (there was a trio a while back including the much rated "Medieval" )

I've applied my Too Faced, drank coffee , still there <<Go Me>>

And that's without liners or primers !

thelikelylass Sat 08-Apr-17 08:15:15

Clinique always. Try their pop colours, beautiful.

Cakescakescakes Sat 08-Apr-17 10:11:53

The urban decay comfort mattes with the lip liner as a primer underneath. Stays on for HOURS!

NotMyPenguin Sat 08-Apr-17 10:20:42

Charlotte Tilbury matte lipsticks are the bomb.

I love the Amazing Grace shade but to be honest am so impressed with all of them. Wonderful shades, goes on well and lasts brilliantly. Pretty packaging too -- a lovely ribbed rose-gold colour lipstick tube that looks kind of vintage.

Perfumista Sat 08-Apr-17 10:24:49

Clarins, Dior, NARS, Chanel and Revlon lip butters. Oh, and Guerlain ones. In fact, my all time fave was Guerlain Kiss Kiss in Cherry Shine. It has now been discontinued sad

FrustratedFrugal Sat 08-Apr-17 10:35:14

My standout red is YSL Rouge Pur Couture #1. I also like Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet but those lipstick tend to break easily. For everyday wear, Chanel Rouge Coco, Rouge d'Armani and Nars are great options but I feel cheaper that brands like Kiko, Max Factor, Yves Rocher, Artdeco and Essence are equally high quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now