Talk

Advanced search

Bra for teen DD - where?

(18 Posts)
SisterMoonshine Thu 06-Apr-17 18:59:33

I say teen, she's 12.
Where do you all get your teens bras?
I measure her to probably be a 28C or B and I can't find anything like that for her.
We went out today for first bras for her as she's been in crop tops until now. Admittedly we just went to the nearby retail park, so ASDA, Mataram, Next. But all they had were 30' and up and the only 28' were AA. We've come away with 30A as the best we could do with the choice, but (without traipsing everywhere) I'd like to try something 28' with a B or C cup.

imjessie Thu 06-Apr-17 19:05:48

Marks and spencer online .

KikiDeliversCakes Thu 06-Apr-17 19:45:17

John Lewis, for non wired, slightly padded 28 inch bands: here.

SisterMoonshine Thu 06-Apr-17 19:47:37

Thanks, was hoping for some trying on. Will try M&S store.

AlexanderHamilton Thu 06-Apr-17 19:48:50

John Lewis is the best place by far.

AnguaResurgam Thu 06-Apr-17 19:50:50

Debenhams had 28B last time I looked.

(I was trying to find a 26B for DD - I gave up!)

imjessie Thu 06-Apr-17 20:19:21

I know , I was the same for my dd . I measured her as a 28 a but she settled for a 30 a in marks as she doesn't like things tight and I couldn't convince her it was too big . ( to be honest it was ok and she was happy )

confuseddot Thu 06-Apr-17 20:22:40

To try in boux avenue have th em. However they're expensive for teen. I would get boux avenue to size her and then buy online. They can size her in a top or they just bring bras for her to try on and she tries on alone and then they come in adjust straps and see if it fits

CocoaLeaves Thu 06-Apr-17 21:59:33

Angel range in M&S

donadumaurier Fri 07-Apr-17 08:55:56

But measure yourself in M and S. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET THEM DO IT FOR YOU.

I was in the wrong size for 10 years because my mother wouldn't hear a bad word against M and S and wouldn't accept their bra fitters are awful. Search M and S bras on mumsnet and you'll see what I mean.

CocoaLeaves Fri 07-Apr-17 09:16:10

Indeed, in fact get DD to measure before you go and teach her the correct way from the outset. Besides my DD would have died of embarrassment if a store lady had approached her with a tape measure.

maisyanddaisy Sat 08-Apr-17 20:58:01

I measured my skinny 11 year old DD to be a 26, but it turns out she needs a 30. Order a few online to try maybe? We got some really pretty ones from M&S Angels.

oldwife Sat 08-Apr-17 21:01:54

Debenhams have a good range of sizes. I don't know about their measuring system as I measure myself.

ohforfoxsake Sat 08-Apr-17 21:05:31

I got DDs from Peacocks. I didn't want anything padded or shaped. They are very basic. M&S do similar.

donadumaurier Sat 08-Apr-17 21:10:47

maisy who said she was a 30, M and S? Do not trust M and S. Their bras are fine, their measuring is shocking.

cantkeepawayforever Sat 08-Apr-17 21:11:43

Debenhams is good.

John Lewis is also good.

M&S is only OK if you are very confident about fitting them yourself, and are highly varable in the same size.

[And once she's gone up a little in size, Bravissimo is surprisingly fantastic and sensitive for teens, and will do anything they can to find a bra that really, really fits. Their smallest size is also surprisingly small]

Pixie2015 Sat 08-Apr-17 21:13:34

M&S angel

cantkeepawayforever Sat 08-Apr-17 21:17:59

M&S Angel are quite hard to find in 28s other than in AAs, IME, and the styles were very variable in size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now