Talk

Advanced search

Covering a small patch of grey hair

(6 Posts)
hugoagogo Thu 06-Apr-17 17:50:24

Can I dye just a small patch of hair, rather than the whole thing?
I am a complete grey coverering virgin- I don't want to change my hair colour just this little patch is that even possible or will I look stupid?

Rastel38 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:12:26

Try ColorWow. You just brush it on where you need it and it doesn't come out until you wash your hair.
www.spacenk.com/uk/en_GB/brands/c/color-wow/root-cover-up-MUK200013426.html?dwvar_MUK200013426_color=UK200013428

hugoagogo Thu 06-Apr-17 20:24:01

Eek! That's very expensive and only temporary. <thud>

jeaux90 Thu 06-Apr-17 21:23:48

L'Oréal do a spray on cover up its about 6 quid I use it when my roots start growing (grey) they do different colours and you can get it in most supermarkets or boots etc

Dontsayyouloveme Thu 06-Apr-17 21:31:15

I've been using this to dye my roots until next hairdresser appointments! Works really well on me, the dark brown is a perfect match for my hair and covers greys up brilliantly! It's only temporary though, until the next wash!

www.marksandspencer.com/josh-wood-dark-brown-blending-wand-28ml/p/p22270709?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

SlapperPJ Thu 06-Apr-17 22:23:09

I did it for years on my mallen streak - I just followed the instructions they give you on the pack on doing a patch/strand test (generally mixing equal parts developer and dye - but check the instructions) and then applied to just the front grey streak with an old toothbrush. A pack of dye lasted years grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now