Talk

Advanced search

Please restyle me for Spring

(6 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:42:44

for five years I have worn the same spring outfits more or less every day - skinnies, tan ballet pumps, shirt and navy jumper, raincoat. (More than one of these items obviously). But it's boring and it's mumsy and I want a whole new look. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Early 40's, size 8 but with chunky legs that need covering! I don't do patterns or frills (lots of that in the shops). It needs to be simple, comfortable and make me look incredible..... or at least the first two!

Have fallen in love with some pale blue suede converse but no idea what they would go with. Needs to be a fairly budget look.

fiorentina Thu 06-Apr-17 20:19:12

Have you looked at Other Stories or Cos for different style of tops? Lots of plain but with some different detail, certainly in Cos. How about a blazer for a different look, or leather biker or parka? Lots of adidas white trainers about, and different jean styles that are cropped but wider legged to freshen up your look? Style blogs or Pinterest could give you some new ideas?

Weebleswobbles Sat 08-Apr-17 14:02:01

Oooh can you link to the blue suede converse OP?

Strawberryshortcake40 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:16:28

I don't know how to link sad But they were in office if that helps?

Have spent all day shopping today and come home very miserable indeed. I do have a leather biker but worried it was too young (never worn it, it's been hanging up since 5 years ago!) And have managed to find one nice striped top I like. Cropped jeans make me look even shorter unfortunately.

LittleCatZ Sat 08-Apr-17 17:41:04

OP I have the same problem (although size 12) so bumping your thread.
I am bored but have to wear flats and do not like patterns or frills either. Even finding basic trousers is proving difficult this year as all seem styled assuming I should totter around in heels. Bah!!!

LittleCatZ Sat 08-Apr-17 17:57:22

fiorentina Cos may understand me, thanks for that - ordering some trousers from there. Still in need of a general refresh like the OP though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now