Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow Serums To Promote Growth?

(16 Posts)
NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Thu 06-Apr-17 16:24:02

Hi, looking for recommendations for serums that actually work but don't cost the earth?
Overplucking in my younger years has left my eyebrows rather sparse, I use an eyebrow pencil in the day but I actually think this is exasperating the problem as I think the pencil is pulling some of what I have left out!
I think they look awful when I don't have make up on & have now got to the point where it's starting to make me feel a bit down about them.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

JustCallMeKate Thu 06-Apr-17 16:31:40

I gave up trying to get mine to grow so I got semi permanent ones done. I'm really happy with them, they look natural and no more messing around with a pencil. If you don't want semi permanent make up I used to use Benefit Ka-brow and Benefit Gimme brow which I found the best out of all the pencils/powders that I tried. I also tried a serum from Boots (I think it was rapidbrow) but I never saw a difference and wasted £37 for nothing.

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Thu 06-Apr-17 16:46:37

Thanks, just looked at that very product in Boots & was shock at the price.
Hadn't thought about semi permanent tbh.

snowfedup Thu 06-Apr-17 16:49:41

I read something about castor oil but it's impossible to get now a days and I'm a bit sceptical !
Following for any other recommendationssmile

owenjonesismyhero Thu 06-Apr-17 18:55:20

I use the mavala eyelash stuff - rapid lash I think - on my lashes and brows. I think it works as I notice when I don't use it - as its only about £12 not much to lose.

You can get castor oil from Amazon or Ebay.

Pippin8 Thu 06-Apr-17 19:01:08

I'd also second semi permanent. I hated my eyebrows & had tried to grow them in for about 18 months. I had mine micro bladed this week and it's given me a real confidence boost & complety changed my face. I've also had lots of nice comments.

I'm only Day 3 so they're still very dark. But I have a proper shape at last & when they've healed I know they'll look even better.

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Thu 06-Apr-17 19:03:21

Am being swayed by the look of semi permanent now I've looked-can I ask how much they cost you & am I right in thinking once you've had them done you only need them touching up once a year?

PersianCatLady Thu 06-Apr-17 19:30:45

My eyebrows are really sparse too but the idea of semi-permanent eyebrows scares me because I have seen some truly awful ones on other people.

Gunpowder Thu 06-Apr-17 20:06:49

Almond oil! My skin is super sensitive and had run out of my usual moisturiser so been using it instead. I've got eyebrow hairs that haven't been there since the '90s.

Clarabelle40 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:22:40

I very sceptically started using castor oil (dirt cheap from Amazon) and after only 3 weeks I can see a massive difference!

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Thu 06-Apr-17 20:26:29

Hmmm, might give castor oil a whirl as I can remember reading something about it previously -worth a try I suppose.
Thanks

PersianCatLady Thu 06-Apr-17 20:32:51

I've got eyebrow hairs that haven't been there since the '90s
Excellent, I might try that.

Pippin8 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:42:55

I thoroughly researched it & looked at lots of different portfolios. Prices varied from between £175 & £250. One touch up after 6 weeks is needed, then they should last between 18 months & 2 years.

I would only go to a beautician, not a tattooist.

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Thu 06-Apr-17 21:14:04

Thanks Pippin

Mandelinka Thu 06-Apr-17 21:38:04

My eyebrow threading lady suggested to rub Vaseline on my uneven brows before bed. I can't comment if it works as I keep forgetting, but petroleum jelly is suppose to promote hair growth (that's why is not suitable for face)
Also heard about castor oil being great for regrow of hair and I've had a bottle saved in my Amazon basket forever.

DorothyHarris Thu 06-Apr-17 22:21:19

My eyebrows are terrible, overplucked completely. I've been using castor oil for about 4 weeks and they are looking thicker. Really hoping they come back properly confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now