Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bare Minerals foundation not working for me anymore - any alternatives?

(6 Posts)
stroan Thu 06-Apr-17 14:18:53

I've been a devoted user of Bare Minerals for 6 years, ever since a MUA used it for my wedding make-up. I loved the coverage and how my skin felt when it was on, plus I found it easy to apply. I've got tonnes of the stuff - primer, BB primer cream, powder foundation, mineral veil, warmer, blush x3, all-over face colour x2, eyeshadow pallette.

Since having a baby 16 months ago, it doesn't seem to work well for me anymore. At first, it just emphasised dry patches and almost flaked off. If i rubbed my face, it kind of rubbed off in lumps. I had a consultation and decided to try the Blemish Remedy version of the foundation. It is slightly better but I don't feel it gives me the coverage I'm looking for without re-applying it all day. I always use primer and mineral veil.

So. Is there a good alternative that I could use that would also work with all the other products I have? I can't justify replacing ALL my make-up and I do think it's just the foundation that's the problem.

I previously hated liquid foundations but will give anything a go.

Redglitter Thu 06-Apr-17 14:24:20

I switched to BM liquid foundation after using the powder and I love it. The finish is fabulous and it looks great. Might be worth a try

Bambinho Thu 06-Apr-17 14:25:52

Have you tried a different moisturiser? I've been using BM for years and find it's moisturisers I have to change every so often rather than the foundation.

stroan Thu 06-Apr-17 14:32:30

Redglitter - thank you. Is it just as easy to apply? And do you use other BM products with it?

Bambinho - I've tried a few. I've just got a new serum so will see if that makes much difference. I had a tester of the BM Vital Power Infusion which was lovely, but I couldn't stretch to £45 for it while on mat leave!

friedegs Thu 06-Apr-17 14:35:53

I switched to Pur at Marks and Spencers as an alternative to BM. Their tinted moisturiser is really good. It seems a very similar range to BM and a little cheaper. Have you tried a good exfoliator facial brush?

Redglitter Thu 06-Apr-17 14:46:36

I use all my other BM stuff with it. I bought the foundation brush it's got a hollowed in bit and you squeeze literally a couple of drops in it and apply it. I love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now