Talk

Advanced search

Saltwaters for wide feet?

(10 Posts)
w33zles Thu 06-Apr-17 12:29:46

Does such a thing exist? I think they're super cute and the only sandals that have ever tempted me away from my beloved Birkies.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 06-Apr-17 12:44:52

I have wide feet and wear them. Buy a size bigger than what you are [ as recommended] Think they have a cut out you can print out to check sizes. Also you can put your feet in a bucket of warm water with them on and they stretch to your feet. Mine are super comfy. They got better once i had worn them swimming!

AteRiri Thu 06-Apr-17 13:39:18

I have size US10 wide feet and love my Saltwater sandals.

w33zles Thu 06-Apr-17 13:54:36

I tried them on in Office and couldn't even squeeze my foot in sad

SesameSparkle Thu 06-Apr-17 15:15:07

If they are the original shape, then you have to tug the sides with your thumbs to squeeze your foot in. They also stretch and mold to your feet, especially in water - either immerse your sandaled foot, or pour water over the top. I have wide feet too and they are great.

FunkinEll Thu 06-Apr-17 16:05:16

They stretch a lot. I also have a pair of th ones that have a buckle on the toe strap bit which are even wider. I think they're the classic style.

They're perfect for wide feet in my experience.

WhiteHairReally Thu 06-Apr-17 19:19:39

Yep. Wide of foot here ( I even own a shoe stretcher to attempt to make shoes more comfortable). Salt waters are great for wide feet and they wear well too. However they are just very very thin and super flat of sole, especially if you are used to Birkenstocks.

Okite Thu 06-Apr-17 20:14:51

No good for my wide feet, my feet were spilling out of them when I tried them last year. I didn't try the soaking and stretching because they were too pricey to take a chance on in case it didn't work.

AteRiri Thu 06-Apr-17 21:40:48

FunkinEll - I agree with you. At first they're tight but once you walk with them they stretch really quickly. I think mine stretched to perfection after three blocks.

Now they're very very comfortable.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 06-Apr-17 21:43:45

I have very wide feet and find Saltwaters fine. (Another one who owns a shoe stretcher here!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now