Talk

Advanced search

Best 'dry touch' sunscreen for child?

(7 Posts)
mintmagnummm Thu 06-Apr-17 07:08:06

I used to use the banana boat powder dri on my son but the last time I used it it irritated him so am looking for an alternative. It has to be spf 50, easy to apply, not be sticky or tacky because of sand and not wanting to wait ages before getting dressed etc plus don't want anything running into his eyes! I would prefer fragrance free if possible.....why do companies put perfume in suncare??

Can anyone recommend anything?

BounceBounceSplishSplash Thu 06-Apr-17 12:12:46

Sorry can't recommend anything but watching this thread as will be looking for similar for my baby DD when we go on holiday in June.

margaritasbythesea Thu 06-Apr-17 13:08:19

I'm quite happy with the banana boat one called powder dri, although I haven't tried it for a day at the beach yet ( we live in Spain). It goes on nicely though and pinky blondie ds came home from his school trip (all day outside) with no redness.

mintmagnummm Thu 06-Apr-17 19:41:02

Margareta thank you but I mentioned in my post I didn't want that one again.

Daisy2315 Thu 06-Apr-17 19:51:06

I have used the boots soltan dry touch kids factor 50 but I didn't think it offered as good a protection as their other kids lotions.

I really like the la Roche posay kids soft lotion. It works really well and isn't fragranced but it is thicker than the boots Lotion

mintmagnummm Thu 06-Apr-17 22:05:37

Thanks daisy

SophieGiroux Thu 06-Apr-17 22:30:05

Neutrogena ultra sheer dry sunblock
Can get it from Amazon. Expensive as its imported though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now