Talk

Advanced search

If I describe this first date, help me plan an outfit!

(10 Posts)
PARunnerGirl Wed 05-Apr-17 22:00:37

Ack! I am nuts about this guy and this is our first proper evening date. We've had lunches but that's been during the working day so I'm in my usual ankle grazers/ shirt/ top/ blazer/ heels.

So he's taking me to a kind of hipster, vegan bar type of place. Cool but casual.

My style is varied and I like dressing for where I go or what the event is. So I'll feel comfortable in lots of different styles.

I'm 5'7", size 8, 35 y.o. He's around 6ft so heels to a certain extent would be ok but I don't want to look too "done" for this place.

Anyone want to have a go at this? Post some pics of outfit ideas?

Rhubarbara Wed 05-Apr-17 22:20:08

I wouldn't wear heels, especially if you usually do at work. The way you describe the bar makes me think you don't want to look like you're trying too hard. I'd go for trainers and jeans or cigarette leg trousers - or a skirt. Cool but understated.

Rhubarbara Wed 05-Apr-17 22:21:19

More Gazelles

PARunnerGirl Wed 05-Apr-17 22:22:33

Thanks Rhubarb! Ok, heels are out. I was pretty much thinking this anyway so it is good to get another vote!

But the cigarette pant kind of look is what he used to seeing me in. I've got this midi length white pleated skirt. Am I too old to do the whole trainers with midi skirt, cool t-shirt look?!

PARunnerGirl Wed 05-Apr-17 22:23:22

Cross message rhubarb! I see gazelles and pleated midi right there! Maybe this is the way I should go...

Rhubarbara Wed 05-Apr-17 22:32:52

Yeah, go with the pleated skirt, sounds good!

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 05-Apr-17 22:46:18

This is the kind of place I go, and I would agree with the above suggestions - I was bemused by the thread where people said they would never go out in trainers a few weeks back. If it was me I might wear wide leg cropped trousers with trainers, but I am a big fan of midi skirt or dress with trainers too. Have a good time!

PARunnerGirl Wed 05-Apr-17 22:50:39

Thanks Judy! Nervous but in a good way!

I actually have a pair of wide black trousers that are full length and midi navy ones that I do wear with Supergas and Gazelles. With the black ones, I'd wear my cropped black leather jacket. But I never know what to wear over the mid length navy ones.

What would you usually wear over your wide leg trousers? It's still a bit too cold for nothing I think!

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 05-Apr-17 23:59:10

Mine are black, so I have worn them with a black biker jacket and a dark blue denim jacket - on top variously a striped long sleeved top, a black Bella Freud jumper, and an orange sweatshirt. I've actually worn nude fishnets underneath on colder days, then black Stan Smiths or gold Nikes.

PARunnerGirl Thu 06-Apr-17 06:52:32

Judy, those sound like dream outfits! star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now