Talk

Advanced search

Interview tomorrow and I'm having a last minute panic about what I'm wearing....

(12 Posts)
Me916 Wed 05-Apr-17 17:09:45

It's in a school. I'm not a suit person and actually I would t wear a suit to work if I were to work there. I'm also not a trouser person.
I like dresses. I have one, black with small flowers on. I was going to wear this with 30 denier black tights, black cardigan and smarter ballet shoes. Too much black? Or, I could go with a fitted striped skirt with black top and same shoes/tights.
The shoes aren't really me to be honest, but I can't wear slouchy boots, pumps, DMs or wellies!!

MoiraRosesMeltdown Wed 05-Apr-17 17:46:44

I think that sounds lovely - smart and coordinated.

WipsGlitter Wed 05-Apr-17 18:20:15

Either sounds fine

justaweeone Wed 05-Apr-17 19:43:04

I'd wear the dress
Good luck

ScarlettDarling Wed 05-Apr-17 19:45:26

I work in a school, the flowery dress outfit sounds ideal.

Me916 Wed 05-Apr-17 20:04:28

Thank you. I shouldn't be worrying about what to wear! I should be worrying about what they are going to ask me and the task they are apparently going to give me!

TheConstantCakeEater Wed 05-Apr-17 20:05:44

Sounds fine to me to. Good luck!

stoplickingthetelly Wed 05-Apr-17 20:37:17

Your dress sounds lovely. I would wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. You'll be more relaxed and probably interview better because of it.

ggirl Wed 05-Apr-17 20:40:20

Just don't do what I did and wear a silky blouse and then realise buttons had come undone and your tits were on display blush

Got the job though

SmileAndNod Wed 05-Apr-17 20:58:18

Dress sounds lovely. I recently had an interview in a school and wore a dress, black opaques and smart ankle boots.
If it's for a HT / DH post though I'd probably go with a jacket rather than cardigan.

Ggirl grin

Me916 Wed 05-Apr-17 21:49:29

Ggirl, that's exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me 😂
Smile, definitely NOT a HT or DH post!
I'm slightly worried about my shoes running! It's a 10 min walk from where I'll have to park. Might need to squeeze some comfy shoes in a bag and change round the corner!!
Anyway, I'm not going to worry any more. If they want me, they want me, if I don't get through then I'm really happy I got to interview stage!

SmileAndNod Wed 05-Apr-17 21:59:04

That's the way I looked at it too. Was just very pleased to get through the sift and to get an interview and task.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now