Talk

Advanced search

Leg hair - any spiffy new ways of getting rid?

(6 Posts)
Myrobalanna Wed 05-Apr-17 12:34:39

If I ruled the world, we'd all have voluminous leg hair and take delight in running our fingers through it proudly. However...

It's ages, and I mean years, since I did anything but shave it a bit in summer blush Are there any new products on the market that are actually any good? I have an epilator but it's from the late 90s, I think.

Myrobalanna Wed 05-Apr-17 18:40:32

Bumping, stubbily.

ElzBelz Wed 05-Apr-17 20:40:25

A philips lumea if you have the magic combination of pale skin and dark hair? Expensive to buy but is amazing and painless. Almost seems to good to be true but best money I've ever spent

ChishandFips33 Thu 06-Apr-17 07:09:28

Epilators have definitely improved since the 90's

I've had fantastic results underarms - minimal re growth now and what does come back is very fine

Leg hair has thinned out considerably and is regrowth is also much finer

Down side is I never seem able to get a completely smooth leg so still need to shave on days in exposing them completely

Myrobalanna Thu 06-Apr-17 07:41:21

OMG I had not heard of the Lumea - sounds too good to be true!

ElzBelz Thu 06-Apr-17 17:38:18

I agree but I've had mine for 2 years now and I just do a top up every few months. I bought it for a 3 week holiday as I knew a wax would only last me 10 days and that shaving every day would be time consuming and my legs get dry and itchty so quickly and the regrowth feeling is horrible. I used it every 2 weeks for 3 months until I left and then didn't shave once while I was away but had dresses/shorts/bikini on every day. Definitely time consuming on my legs for those first couple of months when I was doing it regularly but so worth it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now