Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow help!

(22 Posts)
mumof1littlebun Wed 05-Apr-17 10:02:38

Hi can anyone recommend me a product to fill in my eyebrows please. They are not blonde but not dark, more of an ashy colour so I can never find a colour that suits me! The blonde pencils are too yellowy and brown is too red! Does anyone have any suggestions please

ECR123 Wed 05-Apr-17 11:58:13

What's your budget?
I have very ashy eyebrows which aren't very dark and relatively sparse.

I really love the Clarins eyebrow pencil in 'blonde' - must clarify that it really isn't blonde but I light brown which isn't at all red.

I also really like the Charlotte tilbury eyebrow pencil in 'Brooke S' which is what I'm using at the moment.

BadTasteFlump Wed 05-Apr-17 12:23:40

I gave up on finding the right colour of specific 'eyebrow' product - none were quite the right shade and I didn't like the effect of pencils.

I ended up just choosing an eyeshadow shade the closest to my natural colour - one of the rimmel little single shadows. I use a slanted brush to just dab the colour along my brows, and it looks really natural.

mumof1littlebun Wed 05-Apr-17 12:26:25

Thank you for the replies, my budget is not a lot! Also I should have clarified my eyebrows aren't at all brown so that's probably no good they're a dark ashy colour, hard to describe and I can't seem to find an eyeshadow that works either!

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Apr-17 12:39:35

NYX micro brow pencil
Rimmel in light brown has no red tones
W7 queen of brows gel

mumof1littlebun Wed 05-Apr-17 12:58:43

Have you tried the NYX brow pencil in taupe? As I said earlier my brows aren't at all brown so that wouldn't be any good

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:21:25

Hang on. I can swatch it?

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:24:11

Left is w7 brow gel
Right is NYX micro in taupe - it's usually s bit lighter on the brows j think but it's quite a hard pencil to swatch as its v thin

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:26:39

Added NYX tame and frame pomade in blonde on the right

mumof1littlebun Wed 05-Apr-17 13:31:47

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. The one on the left would definitely be too dark and the right too light! I must have really strange eyebrows! I think I need something a bit ashier

mumof1littlebun Wed 05-Apr-17 13:32:46

This is probably a strange thing to ask and of course you can say no but would I be able to see what they look like on and see if your brows are a similar colour to mine?!

rubbbleonthedouble Wed 05-Apr-17 13:35:48

How about getting them tinted?

There are lighter shades for fairer people, and it catches all the tiny lighter hairs and hairs that don't have any pigment and really makes eyebrows look much fuller.

mumof1littlebun Wed 05-Apr-17 13:36:50

They're really not light though although they are a bit sparse, they aren't blonde and they aren't brown!

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:38:04

Have already done makeup but I have the brow gel on! I'm naturally v pale redhead
They do other colours, I will see if I can find swatches

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:41:23

The w7 stuff comes in a light medium but nobody anywhere seems to have swatched it online. Helpfully!
I would say NYX and W7 are both worth a go

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:44:10

Here's all the NYX swatches

sherazade Wed 05-Apr-17 13:57:33

Illamasqua eyebrow cake in motto ?

thethoughtfox Wed 05-Apr-17 13:59:44

Try Anastasia Brow Wiz and other products in taupe. I am super pale and ashy.

sherazade Wed 05-Apr-17 14:00:14

Can be applied lighter or darker
It's not the cheapest but if you buy one you will ever need another brow product again
I bought mine three years ago use it all the time and it will probably last me another ten years seriously if not more . It's a dream to apply as well .

WhatchaMaCalllit Wed 05-Apr-17 14:07:50

I'm after discovering a product that is available in Superdrug stores from MUA called PowerBrow. I have really blond eyebrows (being a redhead) and this is an eyebrow gel that comes in a small pot but the handle of the container also has an applicator brush in it.

This is the stuff - www.superdrug.com/MUA/MUA-Luxe-Power-Brow-Sculpting-Gel---Fair/p/704719

I was a users of Benefit's brow products but since using this, I haven't used them in a long time.

Or else as someone else has suggested, consider getting them tinted.

mumof1littlebun Thu 06-Apr-17 09:31:33

Thank you so much Olliverander84, you have been so helpful. That shade on you looks much lighter than the swatch and the colour of your brows is very similar to mine although I'm very jealous of the shape of yours! That may be worth a try then!

mumof1littlebun Thu 06-Apr-17 09:32:05

Oh and thank you everyone else for your suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now