Talk

Advanced search

Esprit

(25 Posts)
SesameSparkle Tue 04-Apr-17 18:10:33

What's your experience of esprit? I keep seeing various stuff linked to from here and there’s now a few bits in my fantasy shopping basket I'd like to try. I also remember the store that used to be in my town, and they used to stock a few things that caught my eye.

What makes me hesitate is the delivery charge, it won’t break the bank but I just hate wasting money just for the sake of browsing if you see what I mean. Also the website says free returns, but doesn’t say how, and some ways are easier than others. Also, is it the kind of retailer that sends out regular codes for signing up? Oh yes, and what’s the sizing like? Do you have any experiences to share?

Right now I’m thinking I’d like to try the jeans, and there are some plain t-shirts that look quite good value, and possibly a coat…

Shopgirl1 Tue 04-Apr-17 18:19:43

Quality is great, sizing tends towards large size in general, but they include a guide on site detailing sizing on each item.
They don't really do many discount codes, I think I had a birthday €10 off. They have a loyalty scheme which can add up if you buy enough with them, although I dont, tend to just pick up a few basics from them each season.
Can't comment on returns, can't think of anything I've sent back in recent times.

LIZS Tue 04-Apr-17 18:20:59

Ive had loads from them as has dd. There is a minimum order value now (£15?) and a token delivery charge, but free returns.

SoupDragon Tue 04-Apr-17 18:25:55

The delivery charge is 99p!

I think Esprit is great.

SoupDragon Tue 04-Apr-17 18:26:52

They don't really do many discount codes

Interestingly I seem to get quite a few. How odd!

SuckingEggs Tue 04-Apr-17 18:29:55

They're great - I've got some lovely stuff from there. Great delivery service too and just 99p...

oldfatandtired1 Tue 04-Apr-17 18:30:27

I love Esprit. Lots of money off once you become a 'friend' (just have to sign up for the newsletter). I am 56 and past New Look, Topshop etc but not ready for M & S and I've never had so many compliments on what I'm wearing since I discovered Esprit!

FrustratedFrugal Tue 04-Apr-17 18:34:34

Lots of my everyday staples are from them, my linen tees for example. They are bit like Gap and Uniqlo.

Ellapaella Tue 04-Apr-17 18:41:20

I really like them, great quality and good customer service

flapmyfunnels Tue 04-Apr-17 18:44:22

I love their jeans and buy from them regularly. Usually order quite a few things to try and end up keeping one or two - avoid postage charge tha,t way too. Returns work well and I've never had any problems with them

leccybill Tue 04-Apr-17 18:45:06

I'm wearing a long grey thin knit cardi now from Esprit. Had it about 8 years and still looks great.

SesameSparkle Tue 04-Apr-17 18:58:15

Ooh, lots of positive feedback so far.

Ok, I saw the loyalty scheme. I might sign up and see what they send me.

I do get that the delivery is only 99p, which is fine and would get rolled into the cost of whatever things I order and keep. I just get annoyed if I end up having to send the whole lot back.

How do they take returns? Is it an easy one like Royal Mail or Collect +?

LIZS Tue 04-Apr-17 19:27:17

Think it was via post office but haven't done so recently.

SesameSparkle Tue 04-Apr-17 19:40:42

Well I've signed up and they've sent me a 10% off voucher.... smile <tempting>
It doesn't specify on the website whether it's post office returns or not, just that you get a pre-paid label. I had to find a grotty, out the way my hermes place for sending back a uniqlo return the other day, and I'm not so keen to repeat the experience....

taybert Tue 04-Apr-17 19:45:15

I've got some esprit returns waiting on my table. It's just a standard post label, no weird places to go to!

BabyHamster Tue 04-Apr-17 20:05:05

I've used esprit, returns are via the post office, it's easy smile I really like them!

KatharinaRosalie Tue 04-Apr-17 20:28:41

Half my wardrobe is from there, also a lot of workwear - I find that they are more generously cut around the bust, so I can wear their buttoned shirts in my regular size, even with F-cups. Have had no issues with quality.

They do discounts all the time, but it's mostly 10 quid voucher or 10% off - so not like GAP with their 30-50 off constant deals. Sales are quite decent though.

SesameSparkle Tue 04-Apr-17 20:55:54

Ah it's good to know it's post office, thanks.

What's the sizing like? I'm generally a 10 on the hips, but bigger on the waist and 10-12 on top, depending on cut. It's a trench I've got my eye on so I can't tell if I'd need a 10 or 12. Also the cotton t-shirts look nice too and I can't work out if I need an M or an S. If I was shopping in another European brand like Mango, I'd usually take an M.

oldfatandtired1 Tue 04-Apr-17 21:01:58

You sound like me sizewise - I normally go 12 or medium.

SesameSparkle Tue 04-Apr-17 21:57:54

Thanks old smile

mowglik Tue 04-Apr-17 22:04:54

I used to shop at espirit years ago, still wear some the clothes I bought back then 20 years ago - Jumpers and tops etc

Thanks for the reminder will have a look online myself!

Scarftown Tue 04-Apr-17 22:06:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bionicant Wed 05-Apr-17 07:26:27

i think they sometimes come up smaller. use them quite alot mostly for socks/belts and shoes and bras. get discount codes for 10% and usually £10 off with min spend of £50 or so.

Shame they closed their Regent Street store it was really good.

SesameSparkle Wed 05-Apr-17 07:53:42

Oh that reminds me someone on here recommended their no show socks. <Wanders off for yet another browse....>

cRiNKlyCoCkapoo Wed 05-Apr-17 09:12:11

Zalando sell a fair bit of Espirit stuff and is often reduced, free p&p and returns too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now