Talk

Advanced search

Help me accessorise this dress, please!

(15 Posts)
LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Tue 04-Apr-17 00:56:13

I'm going to a wedding with an informal dress code this summer and have just bought this dress:
uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/9520990712

I am planning to wear these earrings: www.lyst.co.uk/jewelry/emma-chapman-jewels-samsara-diamond-tsavorite-carved-earrings-green/

The earrings are not huge but large enough that they would look wrong with a substantial necklace. However, since the neckline of the dress is low, I feel I need something necklace-wise. Any suggestions?

What colour sandals and bag would work with the dress? I'm don't want to be too informal, but definitely want to avoid dressy.

Isobela Tue 04-Apr-17 06:48:31

Lovely dress!
I've got for either a nude/good sandal & bag or even try and brighten it up with a nice red colour. Red & green sometimes looks amazing together - just have to get the shade spot on!

Isobela Tue 04-Apr-17 06:49:20

** I'd go for!

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 04-Apr-17 08:52:43

How about a long gold star pendant, to echo the earrings but not too matchy. Something like this
Lisa Angel star pendant

I'd probably wear bright pink or dark turquoise with that dress

MorelloKisses Tue 04-Apr-17 09:04:51

This is really all about the earrings, no?

How are you planing on wearing your hair?

Oblomov17 Tue 04-Apr-17 09:23:30

Are you planning on going braless? The gap, the skin exposed on the chest is huge.

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Tue 04-Apr-17 10:11:32

Thanks for the replies, some great suggestions for colours, and a star pendant is an excellent idea. Morello, I have longish hair and will wear it down (I'm hopeless at up-dos) - yes, I really want to wear the earrings so was glad to find a dress that colour. Oblomov - the dress isn't actually as gappy as it looks in the pics. I can put a couple of stitches in it to make sure, but even as it is, I'm able to wear a bra and slip underneath without undergarments being seen. There's a bit of cleavage, but nothing indecent or exposing!

BadTasteFlump Tue 04-Apr-17 10:55:26

I would leave my neck bare and let the earrings 'take centre stage' so to speak.

Re shoes and bag - what about rose gold? Somthing like this or this - and this

BadTasteFlump Tue 04-Apr-17 11:00:29

If you want a bit more bling, how about some bangles rather than a necklace like this or this

MorelloKisses Tue 04-Apr-17 11:19:46

I agree with Bad and I'd spend your necklace money on an up do.

The earnings deserve it!d

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Tue 04-Apr-17 11:33:42

Oooo, I love that Ashiana website! The bangle would be great, they also have some nice gold cuffs.

The sandals are nice, but I can't do high heels, unfortunately. I have this issue every time I need to dress for an occasion.

BadTasteFlump Tue 04-Apr-17 11:44:27

Yes I love Ashiana too smile.

What about block mid-heels? 343979065087&gclid=CLybz6zOitMCFcgp0wodho8MBQ these

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Tue 04-Apr-17 14:30:49

I could do mid-blocks, definitely, or low wedges. Thanks, off to take a look now.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 04-Apr-17 16:14:45

A leopard print pony skin clutch bag would look amazing with that dress and earrings if you don't want a gold bag.

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Tue 04-Apr-17 16:21:24

I was actually thinking of leopard print sandals, Bounce. I'm a bit wary of too much gold, with jewellery, sandals and bag. I quite like these:
www.ugg.com/uk/char-leopard/1015625.html?dwvar_1015625_color=CELP#start=2&cgid=women-sandals-flip-flops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now