Talk

Advanced search

So the time has finally come to see off my handlebar moutache

(4 Posts)
StarJumpAlertTakeCover Mon 03-Apr-17 18:13:45

Well maybe not quite that bad...
But DD not so subtly pointed out today that really it's TIME and now I'm a bit omg about what to do. Should I bleach it lighter? Or get some anti fuzz cream or similar?
Is this the start of a beard....oh god....I'm already plucking the little fuckers off my Chin every week or so angry
The moustache consists of about 6/8 thick black hairs above my top lip on each side. I agree, I need to deal with it!

carrie74 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:23:41

When this happened to me, bleaching just made those thick hairs a bit blonder, not less obvious. I then waxed for a while, then bought a home IPL machine which worked so well on other areas, I had a go on my tache. It's been brilliant, only a few treatments and I've not needed to do anything else for about a year!

CurlsLDN Mon 03-Apr-17 20:26:14

carrie what machine do you have?

Op, get a springy thing. Yes it makes your eyes water a little but do it after a bath while watching tv and it's really ok. Dead cheap, does the trick in a few seconds and regrowth takes a while as you are pulling the whole hair out
www.amazon.co.uk/EPISTICK-EPILATOR-FACIAL-REMOVAL-REMOVER/dp/B004LNXA0Y?tag=mumsnetforum-21

carrie74 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:42:06

I've got the Boots version of Lumea but it's a few years old now. The IPL machines look even better now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now