Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Microdermabrasion or Glycopeel?

(5 Posts)
A1Sharon Mon 03-Apr-17 15:32:36

I have a voucher for my local beautician that needs to be used up this month. I am getting a facial as I have had them before from here at they are brilliant, skin looks amazing after.
But I think I will try one of the other treatments too, not sure whether to go for Glycopeel or Microdermabrasion. Has anyone had both, what are the differences, which would you recommend? I would be happy to do a session if I enjoy the treatment.
TIA.

A1Sharon Tue 04-Apr-17 13:26:56

Bump

herestoshopping Tue 04-Apr-17 14:16:13

I have regular treatments of peels and microdermabrasions and having great results (usually best results are after a few sessions however) but I had a course of JUST microdermabrasions a few years ago and didnt see massive results, just softer skin. So I would say the peels if you are going for a standalone treatment grin

MrsDoylesTeabags Tue 04-Apr-17 17:35:27

Watching with interest. Just showing first signs of aging.
I tried microdermabrasion for the first time a few weeks ago, didn't think much of it at the time and felt a bit ripped off, but my skins been really clear and glowy this month so it must have done something.
I'm keen on trying a peel for my finer wrinkles

A1Sharon Tue 04-Apr-17 22:42:53

I'm going to ask the beautician what she thinks. I'm up for getting a full course if it seems good, I like the sound of the peel...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: