Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Colour analysis question about lipstick.

(13 Posts)
NevermetaGilesIlike Mon 03-Apr-17 15:01:27

If the only lipstick that suits you is a true red what season are you likely to be?

Pink -in every shade looks hideous as does any nudes,browns and oranges. I have tried many,many shades in my time....

I can pull off a berry in winter time but it can look overwhelming and true red looks better.

carrie74 Mon 03-Apr-17 16:35:26

What is 'true' red? When I had my colours analysed, there was a universal red shade in scarves, don't recall one for lipsticks. I'd say you're more likely to be a winter/summer if you can't pull off browns /oranges. But I also recall everyone should be able to do red/pink/nude, it's just about finding the right shade.

BusterGonad Mon 03-Apr-17 16:44:31

Red can pull many ways, you'd need to post the red shade. Just saying red is like a stab in the dark!

DalaHorse Mon 03-Apr-17 17:04:19

Probably spring, if you mean orangey reds, as blue-toned reds plus nudes etc suit summer or winter. true reds oaks the suit autumns.

Are you sure only true reds suit you? Maybe you're not used to other shades. That said, it's not all about seasons/colouring. Size and shape of mouth, whiteness of teeth etc all play a part too.

DalaHorse Mon 03-Apr-17 17:04:45

*dont suit autumn.

NevermetaGilesIlike Mon 03-Apr-17 17:08:58

Sorry can't see how to post swatches but Mac Russian red is a good example.

I suppose why I am asking is that Winters are supposed to be able to wear pinks and NONE of them suit me. Not Revlon cherries in the Snow or the more muted ones.

I have tried the so called universal shades such as Bobbi Brown Nude and EStee Lauder rebellious Rose and they are just meh. Mac chili looks hideous as does any nude. Anything trace of pink and it pulls grey on me.

Ahem I have spent a small fortune on lipstick. So which season wears matte medium reds with blue tones?

DalaHorse Mon 03-Apr-17 17:50:43

Summer :-)

NevermetaGilesIlike Mon 03-Apr-17 17:51:45

Thank-you flowers

NevermetaGilesIlike Mon 03-Apr-17 17:52:34

flowers even smile

Semaphorically Mon 03-Apr-17 18:08:42

Summer? I am and most lipstick looks abysmal on me. I do, however, LOVE Stila pomegranate crush lip stain. Mac Blankety is the closest I've found to a good nude for me, but it's still slightly too orange.

Semaphorically Mon 03-Apr-17 18:10:33

Oh, and I can do a true red if it's super bright, I am just too scared to wear it often!

FrustratedFrugal Mon 03-Apr-17 18:56:57

Can you give us the exact shade that looks good on you? There are so many undertones to reds. I am a Light Summer in color analysis. I have quite a collection of reds, including true reds such as YSL #1, and can wear all of them plus lots of different pinks. Oranges and nudes tend to wash me out.

I once knew someone who could only wear red lipstick and perhaps some shades of fuchsia. She had creamy pale skin, very dark hair and was a Winter in color analysis.

whatwoulddexterdo Mon 03-Apr-17 20:28:00

Winter if it has no orange

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now