We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

S&B motivation while losing weight

(8 Posts)
GoneGirl1234 Mon 03-Apr-17 14:57:02

I really need to lose weight. The problem is that I feel really demotivated before I even start and this stops me from doing anything. It makes me want to just hide away from everyone. I feel so disgusted with myself when I think of how much weight I've got to lose.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for little things I could do to help me feel good about my appearance while I am actively trying to lose weight, any suggestions for lovely gym clothes or beauty treatments I could try to keep my motivation up a bit.

I'm 5'9 and currently a size 16 (maybe size 18 in certain jeans). I'm hourglass shape when I'm slimmer but I tend to put weight on my stomach so at this size I look pregnant sad

BurningViolin Mon 03-Apr-17 16:29:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BusterGonad Mon 03-Apr-17 16:47:36

I agree with burning if you can get past the first few days you will have ridden the storm so to speak and hopefully you will start to feel happier.

Maverick66 Mon 03-Apr-17 21:04:30

Hi OP,

This was me last September.
I started WW at beg off September and have lost 2.5 stone.
I have changed my mindset.
I have accepted that I am going to lose weight slowly and that is fine.
Before this I wanted a quick solution. But there is no such thing as a quick fix.
No weight loss is permanent and it takes a certain mindset and hard work.
I take it a day at a time and when I first started I took it literally hour by hour if that doesn't sound overly dramatic shock
My advice is to join a club WW or SW this way you have a start and end to the week iykwim.
You also have the support of every one in the group and various aides like fb groups etc.

I wish you luck and I think you should take it one .5lb at a time.
Don't think how many stones you need to loose or you will become overwhelmed.

bunnybleu Mon 03-Apr-17 21:18:29

If it's any help, I'm similar to you OP but a couple of inches shorter. Used to be pear shaped but since having kids I'm thicker round my middle which is rubbish as that's the bit that makes me feel dumpy! However, I keep losing a stone or so and then putting it back on (stress hasn't helped the past four years).
But I need to do something so I've told myself that for this week (mon-fri) I'm going to be healthier in my food choices. Not a strict diet as such, but no snacking, and actually plan what to eat each day, even if it's a bit different to the kids. More veg and fruit than usual. Five days, that's it. Then I can plan the weekend, that's two days. And so on. So my hope is that in three weeks time when we go back to school I will be trimmer than I am now. It's not so much my weight that bothers me, it's my shape! If I can just shift some of my middle I have a load of clothes to wear, but if I don't I'll need to buy some for the summer which I don't want to do! But I'm taking it a few days at a time.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Mon 03-Apr-17 21:54:38

Buying pretty exercise clothes helps! I am shallow Also, what about buying new shoes, or a bag, or pretty scarves? Things that you won't slim out of, but which will help boost your confidence? Jewellery too.

LiquoriceWheel Tue 04-Apr-17 01:05:15

Hi OP I'm in a similar situation as you. I've given up on style but I adore luxury skincare products and using them makes me happy enough to care about the rest of my body. For example, what's the point of using a beautiful serum if I drink too much alcohol or eat processed food that will break me out or dry out my skin? I find that helps a bit with my diet as well. Sorry to ramble on...smile

Also I think giving up on style was a mistake on my part and at the very least beautiful accessories can make all the difference to an outfit. Rachel Zoe even says that she thinks accessories are more important than the outfit. Case closed. grin

TheWalkingTiger Tue 04-Apr-17 15:47:29

I found good shampoo/conditioner helped me go to gym more and cope with extra hair washing.

Bamboo clothing do some nice workout stuff. Invisibobbles are good hair bobbles that don't leave a mark. A massage is a good investment when you workout more- soothes the muscles! Also long baths. Epsom Salts are good for aches, or JOIK bath melts smell fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now